Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the March 2008 Meeting


2013-02-24 10:26:49

 



March 10, 2008
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                         Marc Maheux                         
Joe O'Brien                           CLERK PRESENT                                                                
Dick Eldred                            Jane Maheux
                                                               
                                

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the February meeting were approved .

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the February meeting were approved.
.
3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
        i.  Water usage. 50960 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results negative.
             Fluoride results within tolerance.
             
    B. Carroll Stygles service line has been disconnected, photographed and recorded.

    C. Marc spoke with Ray Solomon from Water Supply in regards to the sulfur smell. He said that Iron and maganese will always come back to give

you discolored water. He suggest a test kit to test for these and to document the findings. Marc researched test kits from Hach. He found one that

would test for chlorine, phosphate, iron, maganese and hydrogen sulfide it is the DR800 for a cost of $1,236.05. Ray said that a resolution to the

problem would be a green sand filter . An engineer would be needed to design the system, Ray recommended that we request a pilot project to make

sure what they plan to do would work. Joe made a motion to purchase the DR800 and accessories not to exceed $1,500.00. Motion was seconded by Dick

and was so approved. In the long term Peter would like to be able to remove the maganese another process for this is aeration of water.

    D. Marc spoke with Bob Ettensperg about repairing the gate. Marc took it off and flattened with the back hoe. Next a small section will have

to be cut off  to move the lock box Bob will come and do it there Marc will need to supply a generator to do this.

     E. Vermont Gas is going to do major work in the boundaries of our water system this summer, RT. 15, Meadow Lane, Poker Hill Park Street and

River Road, Marc feels this could take a lot of his time.

4. Customer concerns/comments
     A. Meter has been installed at Ritters House on Brook Bend.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

     A.

 6. Old business.

     A. Source Protection Plan is finished and has been submitted to Water Supply to Rod Pendagree on March 10,2008.  Marc asked him to please let

him know who is reviewing it so he can keep track of it. He will put it on the web site when it is approved.

     B. Plan to contact Spafford in June to discuss work on the pumps.

     C. Capital Plan discussion continued trustees are to review the amounts and dates on the plan and decide what should be done in the next 5

years. Further discussion to continue at the next meeting. Peter contacted Essex Rental about generators a large one would cost between $15,000.00

to $20,000.00.

 7. New  Business.

     A.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting April 7, 2008 at 7:00 PM

10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


-----------------------------------------
Peter Mitchell President
                                                                                       





 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool