Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the December 2008 Meeting


2013-02-24 11:21:38

 



December 1, 2008
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                        Marc Maheux                        
Dick Eldred                                           CLERK                                 
Joe O?Brien                                            Jane Maheux
                                                              
                                

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

1. Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the November meeting were
approved.

2. Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the November
meeting were approved. Dick Eldred made a motion for Jane Maheux to be the primary
signer and Peter Mitchell to be a secondary signer on behalf of the water district for a line
of credit at the Merchants Bank. Motion seconded by Joe O?Brien and so approved by the
board. Peter will contact VLCT to find out if we can borrow with a line of credit or if we
need a vote from the members of the district to do so.
.
3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator?s report.  
        i. Water usage.62453 gal/day
         ii. Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results negative.
             Fluoride results within tolerance.
             
    B. Marc found a large leak at Villeneuve?s sawmill and it has been shut off.  David
plans to probably do his boring in the spring. The leak detection process that Marc used
was to shut off half of the town by shutting off Poker Hill, then Raceway. Then he went
into Quick Books and created a report that shows the history of water use for each
household and then it would calculate the average. He will redo this again in the spring to
help check for leaks.

    C. The hour meter was replaced on Pump #1.

    D. Marc reported the pumps are not alternating, he received a new hour meter and
pump alternator for the control building.

     E. Gas company to head down Park Street.

     F. Menard will give Marc a quote on directional boring under the river.
    
    G. Peter reported that he gave a person from VLCT a tour of the system.

4. Customer concerns/comments
     A

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

A. Peter reported on a film to cover the windows at the Control Bldg it was discussed and
it was voted to do so the cost is $ 50.00.

 6. Old business.

     A.

 7.  New Business.

     A. At 7:38 Joe O?Brien made a motion to go into Executive session for personnel
reasons this motion was seconded by Dick Eldred, Joe O?Brien , Peter Mitchell, Marc
Maheux, Dick Eldred and Jane Maheux were present in Executive session. At 7:50 Joe
O?Brien made a motion to move out of Executive Session and it was seconded by Dick
Eldred.

     B. Dick made a motion to hire Sara Ritter as the Assistant Operator Joe seconded and
the motion was approved. Marc will contact her.

     C. Dick made a motion to make a donation to the United Church of Underhill for
$240.00 for use of the meeting room. Seconded by Joe and so approved.

     D. Peter suggested that we request a feasibility study from VT.Gas about having gas
go up Poker Hill so we could possibly get a gas generator.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting January 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM.

10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


-----------------------------------------
Peter Mitchell President

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool