Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the August 2008 Meeting


2013-02-24 10:54:16

 



August 4, 2008
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                    Marc Maheux                        Jim Durbrow
Dick Eldred                                        CLERK                                 Phil Jacobs
                                                          Jane Maheux
                                                              
                                

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

1. Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the July meeting were approved as amended.

2. Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the July meeting were approved. It was discussed and decided to shut off Kelley's water for non payment on VT Rt. 15.
.
3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
        i.  Water usage. 51055 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results negative.
             Fluoride results within tolerance.
             
    B. Disinfection by products are with in compliance.

    C. Marc met with Dental Health. Found problems with saturator cleaned the old one and installed to get an optimum range.

    D. Brush hogged behind the former Ken Mitchell property.

     E. VT Gas will call when they are doing a section of road for Marc to find curb stops for them.

     F. Pump replacement delayed waiting for parts to come in.

4. Customer concerns/comments
     A Phil Jacobs and Jim Durbrow would like to change from ductile iron to C-900 for his project so it would be more cost effective for him.Phil showed a letter from O'Leary & Burke stating that the change would be acceptable by them .Our regulations read that only ductile iron may be used. Marc suggested if possible would Jim check and see if ductile iron will fit with C-900 to make the taps. The Board asked Phil if he could wait until for our Annual Meeting so we could warn the change to the regulations. Phil requested a meeting sooner so a warned meeting for September 8 will be put together. They are to put together a proposal laying out their plans for the Board to review. Marc asked about soil pH testing if it is available and he would also like a copy of the final design prints.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

     A. Hydrants have been painted.

 6. Old business.

     A. Asbuilts are needed from Peter Geise for his Brook Bend project.


 7. New  Business.

     A. A discussion was conducted on rate increases to keep up with the cost of living and rising cost of doing business.

     B. Marc would like to order 2 cases of meters. The Board approved the purchase.

     C. Peter asked for budget input by next month.

     D. The Board requested to go into Executive Session for personnel discussion at 8:30 and were out at 8:40. No action taken.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting September 8, 2008 at 7:00 PM. Warned Special Meeting at 6:30 PM on September 8,2008. October 13th Budget Meeting and October 27th Annual meeting.

10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


-----------------------------------------
Peter Mitchell President
                                                                                       





 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool