Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the April 2008 Meeting


2013-02-24 10:30:41

 



April 7, 2008
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                        Marc Maheux                         
Joe O'Brien                                       CLERK PRESENT                                                               

Dick Eldred                                              Jane Maheux
                                                               
                                

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the March meeting were approved .

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the March meeting were approved.
.
3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
        i.  Water usage. 49716 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results negative.
             Fluoride results within tolerance.
             
    B. DR890 test kit has been ordered and received. Marc is working on getting it set to go with Paul. The maganese and iron they have tested for with the new tester are staying around the results we had with Endyne. Will test again on Wednesday if it stays the same will then start testing monthly.

    C. The gate has been repaired.

    D. Calvary Church had a complaint about water smell. It is only on the hot side. Marc suggested they should flush the hot water tank to fix the problem.

     E. Vermont Gas is collecting data for the continuation of their project.

4. Customer concerns/comments
     A.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

     A. As the weather improves Marc will work on replacing meters.

     B. Dick reported that hydrant painting will start in about 2 weeks.

 6. Old business.

     A. The Source Protection Plan was approved and has been posted on the web site. A letter of approval was received from the State.

     B. Capital Plan discussion, possibly get both pumps replaced at one time if it would be cost effective. Put the generator for Poker Hill on the schedule for 2009. An administrative move to have a written plan between the Fire Department and ourselves on how they could help and what the cost would be and we should create an Emergency Operation Plan. Review the plan annually and update as needed. Another concern to consider is what to do if Marc retires or becomes disabled. The Board decided to go with the plans Peter has created to date and add new items every 2 years.

     C. Joe is going to prepare the CCR report.

 7. New  Business.

     A. Hydrants to be flushed the week of May 5th. Jane will put in the Free Press.

     B. Marc feels we should exercise valves when we are locating curb stops for the Gas Company, he feels we may need to contact P&P Septic to suck out some of the valve boxes.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting May 5, 2008 at 7:00 PM

10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 8:25 PM.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


-----------------------------------------
Peter Mitchell President
                                                                                       





 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool