Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the June 2010 Meeting


2013-02-20 15:36:25

 

June 7, 2010

7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

 

TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT

Peter Mitchell                                      Marc Maheux                        

 Joe O’Brien                                                                                                                                                               

                                                                 CLERK                        ASST.  OPERATOR                               

                                                            Jane Maheux                              Sara Ritter    

     

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

1. Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the May meeting were approved.

2. Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the May meeting were approved.

3. Operations Report.

    A. Operator’s report. 

        i. Water usage.45663.5 gal/day 

         ii. Test Results and Testing.

             Bacteria results negative.

             Fluoride results within tolerance.           

    B. Water usage is high, a close eye will be kept on it.

    C. Hydrants were flushed, not all are done; the rest will be flushed at a later date.

    D. Chlorine analyzer has been sent back it is not working correctly.

    E. Generator at Control building has been installed. Patterson’s did not install the correct size gas line this will be corrected.

    F. The blow off  at 13 Liberty Lane was cut off. Marc contacted the State Police after he spoke with residents and they had no idea what had happened. They informed him what had happened and said the person did not know what it was. Marc disagreed and wanted the customer to be responsible since it was properly cut with a pipe cutter and shut off with a curb stop wrench. Mike Luce contacted Marc, he is the one who did it and will be paying for it to be repaired. Marc will schedule this and they will put pressure treated post up so it will not be run into. The Erie box also needs repair at that location.

   G. Jim Massingham has been connected to the district. Joe made a motion to approve his application, Peter seconded it and it was so approved.

   H. Marc contacted Dell because the power cord on the District computer was not working. Dell has sent a new one and the old one has been returned.

   I. Marc was looking for a leak and noticed that the contractor had turned the water on at the residence of Tom Barnet 16 Jacobs Hill without permission or a meter from the district. Marc shut the water off and informed the contractor. Marc noticed that there was plastic pipe coming up through the foundation and explained that this was not acceptable to the contractor and he felt that the sewer pump station was to close to the water line so it would have to be changed. On a return inspection trip the line had been changed to just the copper line.

  J. The Chlorine Chemical pump has been rebuilt and then just quit. When he removed the off gassing valve it worked again. Marc contacted the Ti Sales rep to have him stop in to help resolve the problem.

  K.  Sara attended the Ground Water Rule class and will be on vacation July 4th thru 9th.

4. Customer concerns/comments

     A. Jim Sullivan called and reported a leak in his meter. Marc will deal with this he also noticed in the Customer program that in 2002 he was informed that the main valve needed to be changed.

     B. Steve Guay is requesting to use1” 200 psi PE pipe for the water connection from his barn to the new house with tracer wire and approved couplings. The Board approved this and Marc is to send him a letter explaining what he has to do.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

 6. Old business.     

A.     Plans for the River Crossing have now been received from O’Leary & Burke
B.     Peter has prepared the CCR. Jane will get paper to send it with and Marc will help with addressing.

 7.  New Business.  

A.     Peter requested the Board to pay the cost of Marc’s pager since he needs it to respond to the water district if there are problems. The Board approved this.
B.     Walt Douglas sent a letter and a bill to the district because he did feel he was giving the correct chance to bid on the generator project at the Control Building. Peter will send a letter in response to this.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting July 5, 2010 at 7:00 PM.                                      

10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer

 

 

-----------------------------------------

Peter Mitchell President

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool