Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the March 2006 Meeting


2013-02-26 06:12:10

 


 

March 13, 2006

7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

 

TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT

Peter Mitchell                         Marc Maheux                         Ken Mitchell

Joe O'Brien                                                                                        

Dick Eldred                           CLERK PRESENT                                                

                                            Jane Maheux

                                  

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. 

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the February meeting were approved.  

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the February meeting were approved. 

3. Operations Report.

    A. Operator's report. 

        i.  Water usage. 49282 gal/day

         ii.  Test Results and Testing.

             Bacteria results negative.

             Fluoride results within tolerance 

    B. Water usage is average. 

    C. Marc questioned us having to sample for VOC's since the tank is not in service and the tank is our cause of the VOC's. Marc called Billy Kahn and explained the situation and he said that we would not have to test for VOC's at this time. 

    D. The state testing requirements for the year have been received. The Nitrate test was done for the 1st quarter 

     E. The results of the Sanitary Survey have been received. The results showed some deficiencies. The majority are at the Cistern , they would like the steel cover replaced with a screened vent also a control system with an alarm that would sense the water levels and the storage overflow screened with a finer mess screen and the Cistern overflow pipe should be 12" above ground. They would also like the screen on Poker Hill changed to a 24 mesh or flapper valve, Marc feels a flapper valve would work better. Marc comprised a letter to Water Supply stating how he felt the regulations they were asking us to follow did not pertain. The Board approved the letter and  he was told to go ahead and send it. A response was requested and then we will continue from there. 

4.  Customer concerns/comments. 

     A. Ken Mitchell let the Board know that he thought they should do some maintenance work on the cinder block building, the roof is rusting and the border needs repair. He also let the board know that there was someone down there looking for water. Marc thought it might be Steve Owen since he hauls water. 

5. Repairs and Maintenance. 

6.  Old business. 

    A. Dick is to contact David Sem of the Boy Scouts to coordinate the hydrant painting. Marc is going to check on the cost of reflective paint. 

    B. Peter is going to check the mean temperatures and then contact Jason Gager to set up the next rub test. 

    C. Peter has not heard back for Mike Wiesel since their last meeting 

    E. Peter reviewed with Payeur the test results and final payment has been made to them. 

7.  New  Business. 

     A. Sanitary Survey which has been discussed under the Operators report. 

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.  

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting May 1, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. 

10. Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm. 

Respectfully submitted,

  

Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer

   

-----------------------------------------

Peter Mitchell President                                               

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool