Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the April 2006 Meeting


2013-02-26 06:21:17

 



 

April 3, 2006 

7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

 

TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT

Peter Mitchell                       Marc Maheux                             

Joe O'Brien                          Paul Selsky                                              

Dick Eldred                        CLERK PRESENT                               

                                          Jane Maheux

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the March meeting were approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the March meeting were approved.

3. Operations Report.

    A. Operator's report.

        i.  Water usage. 47958 gal/day

         ii.  Test Results and Testing.

             Bacteria results negative.

             Fluoride results within tolerance

    B. Spring cleaning is going to be started at the Control Building.

    C. A response was sent to Marc in regards to his response to the Sanitary Survey. They stated that we need to comply with their request for repairs to continue to be certified, or we can speak with the Secretary about being exempt from this. Marc is to set up a meeting with Jay Rutherford to discuss the codes they want us to follow. He feels that it should be like the electrical and plumbing codes that you grandfathered on what you have in your system prior to the code change. Peter will also attend this meeting. Peter has drafted a letter in response to their response to us. The letter will be put on hold until after the meeting with Jay.

    D. Marc is going to contact Julie Nickerson to set up a water test at her house for the month of April. This will help to make sure the cistern is in compliance. A test above the tank was decided to be done twice a year.

    E. Marc also reported that are our testing of Fluoride and Chlorine the State would like it done daily from the distribution center. Marc prefers the way we do it now it gives him a better handle on how much is actually out there in the system.

     F. Paul has registered for the Operators class and will sign up for the test that follows.

4.  Customer concerns/comments.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

6.  Old business.

    A. Dick would like the hydrant book and a map of where they are all located. Marc will get this together for him.

    B. Marc is going to put a fine mesh screen on the overflow on Poker Hill Tank.

    C. Peter is going to check with Vince to see if it is OK if we choose to do nothing with Chagnon. The Board feels that they do not plan to contact us again, it has been about a year since the last letter we sent to them.

    E. Peter would ask Jane to find out how much money we have paid Phelps to date for our record drawings.

7.  New  Business.

     A. Jason Gager is scheduled to come on May 1st to perform the rub test on the Poker Hill Tank and then he will attend our monthly meeting to discuss the results. Marc has recommended that we do our own rub test when it warms up so that we can have some idea what is going on there. The Board was fine with this so he will do this.

     B. Jane is to send the application into the state for Surplus Property. The application was approved by the Board.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting May 1, 2006 at 7:00 p.m.

10. Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

     

Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer

       

-----------------------------------------

 

Peter Mitchell President

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool