Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the May 2007 Meeting


2013-02-25 06:53:19

 



May 7, 2007
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                       Marc Maheux                          Steve Guay
Dick Eldred                                                                                           
Joe O'Brien                                       CLERK PRESENT                                                                                                                             

                                                          Jane Maheux
                                                               
                                

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the April meeting were approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the April meeting were approved. A letter was received from the State of Vermont and our loan with them has been forgiven. Jane will send an e-mail to Mark Smith and let him know that we received the letter.
3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
        i.  Water usage. 49740 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results negative.
             Fluoride results within tolerance.
             
    B. Barrett Lane curb stop has been repaired. A long wrench is now needed to work the curb stop.

    C. Marc attended the VRWA conference in Fairlee.

    D. Marc reported that there would be some expensive test in the 3rd quarter VOC' s and SOC's.

     E. Marc reported that the Poker Hill VOC's were okay.

4.  Customer concerns/comments
     A. Steve Guay was present and asked to have his water allocation amended from 135 gallons a day to 170 gallons. Joe made a motion to approve and Dick seconded and it was so approved.

     B. The Board discussed that Anthony Cardinal did not pay his connection fee. It was discussed for Peter to contact Vince and find out the process of putting a lien on the property or what would be the best process to follow.

     C. Jolley Associates has requested an upgrade in service from the 3/4" service to a 4" service for fire suppression. The Board discussed and approved this request with a charge of $2,700.00 that is the difference between a 2" and 3/4' service. Marc is to contact Carl and request a copy of site plans to make sure they are using the right materials.

     D. Nick Nowlan is going to have plans ready for Peter Geiss's new houses and connection to Kenny Jr's property.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

     A. Marc is to start meter replacement.

     B. Dick will be contacting the Cub Scouts to coordinate hydrant painting.

6.  Old business.

     A. Peter to contact Greg Bostock for a letter of certification on the Poker Hill Tank.

     B. Permit to operate has been submitted.

 7.  New  Business.

      A. CCR report is to go out as soon as possible Marc will manipulate the data base to address them.

      B. Hydrant flushing will be done during the week of May 21st. Jane will put in the newspaper.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting June 4, 2007 at 7:00 PM

10. Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer



-----------------------------------------
Peter Mitchell President
                                                                                       





 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool