Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the June 2007 Meeting


2013-02-25 07:00:53

 

June 4, 2007

7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT

Peter Mitchell                                       Marc Maheux              Tom Nugent

Dick Eldred                                                                                          

Joe O'Brien                                       CLERK PRESENT                                        

                                                            Jane Maheux

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the May meeting were approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the May meeting were approved. .

3. Operations Report.    

A. Operator's report.         

i.  Water usage. 58826 gal/day         

ii.  Test Results and Testing.             

Bacteria results negative.             

Fluoride results within tolerance.                 

B. Hydrants have been flushed usage is up and is probably due to flushing.

C. Flow test at Jolley's has been done the water came out dirty Marc asked them to send him the results.

D. Marc is to do more research on a sealant for the cistern.

E. Marc has been recertified as a Water System Operator.

4.  Customer concerns/comments     

 A. Tom Nugent was present to show the Board the revised plans for the Brook Bend project by Peter Geise. He plans to run a water line to Kenny Jr's house and the new lots. Marc pointed out that the water main needs to be 50' away from septic line and  the service line needs to be 25'from septic tank. Where the sewer crosses the water line it must be sleeved and the sewer line needs to be centered over the water line. A 4'' blow off is needed with a thrust block and ballard at the blow off. Water system needs to be notified before back filled and they need to be present for the chlorinating and testing. Tom Nugent is also call with a water reading and the date Emily moved out.

B. Anthony Cardinal called and wanted clarification of what the $800.00 hook up fee was for Jane referred him to Peter. Jane to send him a letter to find out his intent. If not by a certain date it will then be put in collection. Letter to be drafted by July 16th.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

A. Marc replaced a meter at Ravilles on Creekside.

6.  Old business.

A. Poker Hill project is complete.

B. Marc contacted Tim Raymond about the Operating Permit from the State and has set up a new monthly testing schedule. By product sampling will have to be done, best place to sample is on dead ends and closer to where you treat the water. Water supply to send guidance on this. Our permit is good until April 1, 2012.

7.  New  Business.

A. Peter asked the Board to think about whether we want to accept the bid from Spaffords and continue forward.     

B. Marc met with Jeff Williams of Spaffords and he would like to go straight across the river.     

C. Jeff McDonald was contacted by Peter about the exposed PVC he would charge $500.00 to look at this and suggest what we should do.     

D. Marc is to get estimates on what it would cost to bore under the river.     

E. The Board authorized Marc to meet with VT Gas on their behalf to find out what the plans are with their pipeline coming into the district.     

F. The Board authorized that Marc should bill them for the time spent with VT Gas and up coming contractors on the pump replacement and electrical.     

G. Marc is to contact Walt Douglas on the electrical and ECI to get estimates.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting July 2, 2007 at 7:00 PM

10. Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer

----------------------------------------- Peter Mitchell President

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool