Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the July 2007 Meeting


2013-02-25 07:11:43


July 2 & 9, 2007
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT               OPERATORS PRESENT                       GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                              Marc Maheux                                        Peter Geise
Dick Eldred
Joe O'Brien                               CLERK PRESENT
                                                 Jane Maheux


Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

1. Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the June meeting were approved as amended.

2. Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the June meeting were approved.
.
3. Operations Report.

  A. Operator's report. 
     i. Water usage. 58907 gal/day
     ii. Test Results and Testing.
      Bacteria results negative.
      Fluoride results within tolerance.

     B. Marc is concerned about how high the water usage is, he feels it is time to do some preliminary leak detection. A motion was made by Joe to authorize Marc to the preliminary leak detection and seconded by Dick. Motion was approved

    C. Jolley's line is in Marc has requested that he be there for the pressure test and chlorination. It will take more time to put in their remote meter because of the construction of the building.

    D. Marc found out there are not any labs in Vermont that test for asbestos, so it will have to be sent to a lab in Ma. Marc has contacted them and they have sent the kit to do it the cost is $150.00. We will also be testing for VOC's and SOC's this quarter.

    E. Marc reported that VT Gas will be coming up Raceway and ending there. CWD supplies them with someone to work along with them on a daily basis. The directional boring in that area will in the early fall time frame. Peter is going to contact VT Gas and see if there is any funding to have our operator available.

4. Customer concerns/comments
    A. Peter Geise requested from the board water allotment for Kenny Jr's house and 2 other building lots for a total amount of 1,485 gallons. Joe made a motion to accept that amount and that we needed to have the actual property codes and a revised copy of the plans. Dick seconded the motion and was so approved.

    B. Beau Denham has requested to hook on to the water system and would like an allocation of 450 gallons a day. Marc informed the Board that he would be doing the installation and would like a waiver to use 200 PSI test 1 1/4" 200 lb. test polyethylene pipe. He would maintain 6 feet in the ground and pipe would be set in a bed of sand. Joe made a motion to waive the copper requirement and if the pipe is not 6' in the ground it must be insulated and that a green coated tracing wire must be put in the length of the installation. Motion seconded by Dick and so approved.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

6. Old business.

7. New Business.
    A. A motion was made to go into Executive Session by Dick to discuss Bid Contracts and seconded by Joe.

    B. On July 9th a continuation of the prior meeting was conducted to continue discussing Item K on the agenda. Discussion of repair of power to the control building A spread sheet was provided to members by Peter. They feel the best way to go would be option 2a or 2b. Marc is to talk with Walt Douglas to help finalize the cost. Peter will send him the spreadsheet so he can change figures if needed.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date: Next regular meeting July 30, 2007 at 7:00 PM

10. Adjournment. The meeting on July 2nd was adjourned at 9:50 PM. The continuation was adjourned at 8:15 PM

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


-----------------------------------------
Peter Mitchell President

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool