Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the January 2007 Meeting

2013-02-25 06:24:48


January 8, 2007
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

Peter Mitchell                                       Marc Maheux
Dick Eldred                                              
Joe O'Brien                                       CLERK PRESENT                                                 

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the December meeting were approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for the December meeting were approved. Dick Eldred moved that the JUWD make a donation of $200.00 to the United Church of Underhill for allowing us to use their facility. Seconded by Joe O'Brien and unanimously passed.

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
        i.  Water usage. 49177 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results negative.
             Fluoride results within tolerance.
    B. Gross Alpha and Nitrate to be tested during the first quarter.

    C. Matt Malloy's house all set as of today.

    D. No report from Alan Huinzenga yet on the study of the system.

    E. Paul has been ill but has been doing his regular check-ins. The Board had a discussion about the need for a certified assistant operator. No action was taken.

4.  Customer concerns/comments.

     A. Peter Geise will be coming to meet with the Board in a couple of months.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

     A.  No meters replaced. Jane keeps a record of the meters that need to be replaced. There are very few Crane meters. The Board requested a report of the meter replacement schedule and those not functioning.

     B. Peter sent information to the towns of Jericho and Underhill about the Boy Scouts painting the Storage Building so it can be put in the Town Reports. Jericho does not put the water district annual report in their town report.

 6.  Old business.

     A. Review of Punch list for Poker Hill - damaged valve box on Barrett Lane still needs to be checked.

     B. Certification of System- The form has been sent in for forgiveness of the $ 22k planning money. State has to figure what are expenses were. We could get up to $ 50k. Peter spoke with Eric Blatt about his. Only one VOC test needs to be taken during the 3rd quarter of 2007.

7.  New  Business.

     A. What are some areas of interest that we might concentrate on this coming year. We have $3500.00 in the capital improvement budget. Possible projects:

          A) Generator transfer switch on Poker Hill  ( Marc to get price)
          B) Move gravel around at well head to build access road ( Peter to get estimates)
          C) Change pump at well head ( Marc to call Spaffords for estimate of pump removal)

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved need to check on the bill from water supply it seems high.

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting February 5,2007 at 7:00 PM

10. Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.
Minutes were recorded by Joe O'Brien assistant clerk.

Respectfully submitted,

Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer

Peter Mitchell President


Pay Bill Online


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool