Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the November 2005 Meeting


2013-02-28 15:13:50

 



November 7, 2005
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                Marc Maheux                               Cindy Schmidt
 Joe O'Brien                                                                                         Paula Teague
 Dick Eldred                                  CLERK PRESENT                                                 
                                                         Jane Maheux
                                  

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the October meeting were approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for October meeting were approved.

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
        i.  Water usage. 54768 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results negative.
             Fluoride results with in tolerance

    B. Water usage is up some because of  flushing hydrants in October. Marc also still feels there may be a leak.

    C. Poker Hill tank cleaning. The tank has been pressure washed and vacuumed inside with a wet vac. Iron stains on the floor cleaned with bleach and dawn soap this did not remove all. Will have to find a cleaner to do this. Marc is still waiting to hear from Sherwin Williams as to what they suggest. Jason Gager recommends that we do our own rub test.

    D. Marc is going to check with David Villeneuve to make sure the water is going through the building at the mill and makes sure he is ready for winter.

     E. Power outage on Maple Ridge about 45 hours. Pumps ran manually during this time.

4.  Customer concerns/comments.

     A. Cindy Schmidt owner of Poker Hill Stables and Paula Teague renter of the property came to Board to see if it would be possible to serve them with water. They have several wells and can not provide the water they need. The Board requested they fill out an application and also contact Water Supply to find out the recommended usage for the barn. It was also suggested that maybe water supply could help them to find some grants to help with project. They thought approx. 350 gal a day would be plenty for the barn. Peter informed them that the State would be looking at 450 gpd for the house.

     B. Stacey Jorschick  also contacted Jane that they would like an allocation letter for an apartment they would be putting over a detached garage they plan to build.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

      A. The Lock Box for Poker Hill is done.

6.  Old business.

    A. Peter is going to contact Livy Strong about an access through Mills Riverside Park to our well heads.

    B Jane has moved some records into the storage building and Peter will be added some as well.

7.  New  Business.

     A. After the discussion of allocations a motion was made by Peter to use the State standards of 150 gpd for each bedroom up to 8 bedrooms. If water saving devices are installed in a new home then a 10% discount may apply. Motion seconded by Joe and so voted. We will need to start tracking allocations. Jane will work on creating a spread sheet for this.

     B. Jane requested a motion from the Board to donate the United Church $200.00 for use of the meeting room. Motion made by Dick and seconded by Joe and so voted.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.  

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting December 5, 2005 at 7:00 p.m.

10. Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:13.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool