Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the February 2005 Meeting


2013-02-28 14:37:22

 




February 5, 2005
8:00 am
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                Marc Maheux
Richard Eldred                               Paul Selsky                                  
Joe O'Brien                             CLERK PRESENT                                                 
                                                       Jane Maheux
                                  

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 8:05 A.M.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the January meeting were approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for January were approved.

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
        i.  Water usage. 54507  gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results negative.
             Fluoride results with in tolerance.
             
    B. Marc feels that water usage is still high. The ID School has been running water due to frozen pipes.

    C. Anti surge devices need to be serviced. Marc is to contact the manufacturer about what to do and how to get parts.

    D. VFD'S and new sensors have been installed. Marc still has a few questions about the menu.

    E. Marc asked for electrical drawings to be sent to Phelps from Champlin for the asbuilts.
 
4.  Customer concerns/comments.

     A. Sarah Spencer Depot Street froze up in the wall. Marc has unthawed this.

     B. Kirk Fiore froze up in the wall. Marc has unthawed this.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

     A. Marc to order hydrant flags.

6.  Old business.

    A. Vince has agreed that we can hold back what is left for Chagnon's until we resolve and complete the check list.

    B. Marc reported that John from Phelps is to start the O&M manuals the second week in February.

     C. Marc is going to meet with Trent from the state about the pavement repair at Georgia Mead's home. Marc has discussed with him that part of the problem with the pavement is that it has been put over the district's infrastructure and has to be removed to do work, so who is responsible since the state put it over the infrastructure.

7.  New  Business.

     A. Source Protection Plan needs to be update and submitted by April 1, 2005. Marc is to take on the project of creating the update it will take approx. 20 hours to do. He will start with the grading file from the Town. He suggests that we contact the new people in Zone 2 and update maps and files.

     B. Jane to draft a letter to the VLCT for Peter to sign requesting that Marc will be covered by our Liability insurance while he is operating the water system.

     C. Marc relayed to the Board that Dwight DeCoster would like a cost of living raise for reading meters. Marc also discussed with him if he would like to consider changing meters for the district. Dwight said he would be interested and would like to be paid $14.00 per hour to do this.

     D. Joe O'Brien asked at the annual meeting if the compensation to the clerk/ treasurer was adequate. Jane tracked her time and figured out that it takes about 130 to 150 hours per quarter to do the work. She also did research and found out the Village of Jericho pays there clerk $ 14.00 per hour and the treasurer $13.00 per hour and that they also pay rent of $350.00 per month that covers the cost of an office and the phone, lights, heat and the Internet hookup. Jane does not receive free water.

     E. Dwight informed Marc that the meter reading device was not functioning properly. After research Marc realized the best solution would be to replace the device. A motion was made by Joe to replace the device the motion seconded and approved by the Board. Marc will order a new reader.

     F. Marc informed the board that we will be on vacation from April 15th through April 23rd he will try to find someone to help Paul if he needs any help.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.  

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting February March 5, 2005 at 8:00 a.m.

10. Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 10:20 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool