Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the August 2004 Meeting

Held July 31


2013-03-02 05:00:55

 




July 31, 2004
8:00 A.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                 Marc Maheux                           
Richard Eldred                                                                 
                                                   CLERK PRESENT                                                 
                                                         Jane Maheux
                                  

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 8:09 A.M.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from 7-5-04 meeting were approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for July were approved except for the Profit and Loss that needs a date correction.

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results fine.
             Fluoride results fine.

    B. Chlorine is a little high do to the break on Willow Creek and because of the Poker Hill Project.

    C. Cyanide and SOC testing have been done and sent to Endyne.

    D. On July 19 Ormond Bushey broke a pipe on Willow Creek, at the bridge while doing work for the Town of Jericho. The District incurred the expenses from approx. 100,000 gallons of water that was lost, a blow off, the time and labor of the operator. Water was shut off and a repair was made. Marc made a call to Cindy Humphrey to let her know that there were concerns to how this repair was made. Marc had also spoken with Bushey letting him know his concerns. Marc had hoped that they would install a hydrant for us . We would pay for the hydrant and they could install it at their expense. Bushey decided not to do this they felt the repair was sufficient. It was discussed at the meeting for Marc to speak with Vince about this issue and find out the best way to deal with it.
     
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
     A.     Nichols called with a concern of milky colored water with air in it that was a result of the break on Willow Creek. Marc opened a valve on Brookside Drive to help fix the problem.
Cloutier also called with a concern, they did a load of whites, and they turned brown.  This was also a result of the break. Marc suggest they soak and rewash.

     B. Scott Roberge called with a low pressure concern. Marc changed the meter since it was an old one. He explained to the customer that he needed to put in a new line since his was a 1/2' galvanized and his gate valve should be changed to. All these repairs would be at the customer's expense.

     C. Georgia Mead has been connected. Tatro did the excavating and installation to the house. Marc did inside the house. A small piece of pavement needs to be repaired, Marc is to check with Marshall and see if they can do it in their travels, or he will check with Impact Paving. Georgia needs to be billed for her 2,000.00 connection fee and her share of the Tatro bill. A motion was made to pay Tatro up to $2500.00 for the work at Mead's when the bill is received, this motion was seconded and approved.
    
5. Repairs and Maintenance.

     A. Park Street work is to start with Jim Durbrow. All curb stops to be found and repaired if needed.

     B.  Padlocks have been ordered from HCI and are being shipped.

6.  Old business.

    A. Tank Painting time is running out for this year, Marc recommends that we contact Merithew to give us an estimate and any recommendations they would have.

    B. Need 2 test results from Chagnon on Poker Hill. We have only received one at this time.

    C. Punch list has been created. We need to make sure the asbuilts and tracer wire are on it, also there is the issue of credits for trees and pressure tank. A date of August 13th has been set for completion by the board.

    D. A Tank selector switch needs to be installed. A motion was made for Marc to contact Champlin for the switch and to have them design and install it if they will. If they will not install it Marc will do it. The motion was made to include the authorization of $500.00 for the expense of the switch, motion was approved.

7.  New  Business.

     A. Peter would like to hold back payment to Chagnon's pending Phelps recommendation since the punch list is still not finished.

      B. Marc would like to set up 3 ring binders with all the curb stop locations for each trustee to have in case they need to find any of these places. The Board supported this idea.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.  

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting September 4, 2004 at 8:00 a.m.

10. Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 10:10 p.m.


Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool