Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the September 2003 Meeting


2013-03-03 05:00:41

 




September 2, 2003
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                             Marc Maheux                                John Fowler
Roger Koniuto                           CLERK PRESENT                                                 
Dick Eldred                                Jane Maheux

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 P.M

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from 8-4-03 were approved, minutes from 8-11-03 were approved as amended to add to security lighting that it would not interfere with Poker Hill Road. Minutes from 8-18-03 were approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for August  were approved.
    
    A. Jane produced a print out for the purpose of planning the budget for review by the Trustees.

    B. Jane asked to have added to the budget the amount of  $600.00 for the purpose of having the books closed out at the end of the year by Angolano & Co.

    C. Other items asked to be put in the budget are Curb Stop Locator at $900.00, a Line Tracer for $2,500.00, a pair of Binoculars $150.00 and a system to back-up the computer ? price.

    D. Project Financing from Phelps will be divided into these amounts Aug. =  2500.00, Sept. = 6,000.00, Oct. =  6,000.00, Nov. = 6,000.00, Dec. = 4,000.00.

    E. All paper work has been sent into DWSRF Loan Fund and we will receive money as soon as everything is completed on their end.

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  46861 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results fine.
             Fluoride results good

    A. Paige Manning called to report brown water on VT RT. 15, Marc is planning to flush Rt. 15 and Poker Hill to solve the problem.

    B. Marc suggest that a curb stop book be created and labeled by roads and house #'s so that anyone who needs to may use the book.
    C. Marc spent 2.5 hrs with Al Lewis to review our security he will meet again with him on September 19th for the results.

    D. The radio system has been replaced and the old one that was hit by lightning can not be repaired. Marc also has information coming on Surge Protection.

    E. Beavers are still being observed by Marc.
 
4.  Customer concerns/comments.

    A. Donald Tripp at 17 Meadow Lane called concerned about a water leak at his home, Marc checked it out and it was the customer's responsibility to have repaired and the customer has had the leak repaired.

    B. Peter has sent the needed information to the mortgage holders for the Forsberg property and he will follow up on this.
    
5. Repairs and Maintenance.

    A. 8 hydrants have been painted by John Fowler and all of the hydrants have flags on them. John reported that we have almost a full gallon of paint left.

    B. Hydrant at Lecours on Raceway Road needs repair.

    C. Curb stops at Tripps at 17 Meadow Lane and Jenots on 1 Barrett Lane have been found and a new meter has been put in at Jenots.
 

6.  Old business.

        A. Dick is to spray paint the storage building and possibly John Fowler will help him.

B. Pre-bid meeting was held, G.W. Tatro, Ormand Bushey and Champlain Construction were present.

C. We received the letter from the Town of Jericho's lawyer he is considering us to be a utility instead of a municipality. Peter is to contact VLCT to see if they would recommend a Municipal Lawyer to us.

7.  New  Business.
     
    A. The ridge of the Control Bldg. needs to have some screen put over the ends to stop the birds from nesting in the attic. Dick is going to take care of this.

    B.  Jane needs to set up a meeting with the district's auditors for the end of the year.

    C. Jane to draft a warning for the Annual Meeting.

    
8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.  

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting October 6, 2003

10.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:35 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool