Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the May 2003 Meeting


2013-03-03 04:08:40

 




May 12, 2003
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                             Marc Maheux
Roger Koniuto                           CLERK PRESENT                                                 
Dick Eldred                                Jane Maheux

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:10 P.M

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from 4/7/03 were approved as amended to change the to date, the planning and zoning meeting will be held on. The 4/14/03  meeting minutes were approved as amended to state Article 2 was passed by a majority of voters present . The minutes of 4/22/03 were approved as amended, by pluralizing trustees.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial Balance Sheet was approved but the Profit and loss needs to be redone and will  be checked at the meeting on June 2,2003.

     A. Jane to speak with David Lavalle about adding budget to reports on Quick books. She will also find out more about the current upgrade for Quick books.

     B. Computer adequacy - Roger made a motion to purchase the hardware for approx.. $190.00 and to pay Marc for up to 2 hours of labor to install it. The motion was  seconded by Dick and approved.

     C. Auditor search needs to be done Jane will start with calling Dick Wheatley.

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  42162 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results fine.
             Fluoride results good

     B.Testing for IOC's  2nd quarter units are mg/l IOC's. Highlights: As= 0.003 vs. 0.010 MCL; Mn= 0.139 vs 0.050 Secondary MCL.

     C. Water has been shut off at Buel Metcalf's house.

     D. Flushing scheduled to start the week of May 12th.

     E. Marc recommends that the driveway at the Control Building should be shaped up it is starting to settle out, Jim Durbrow gave him a quote of $900.00 to do the job .The trustees approve this work to be done.
      
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
      A. Scott Parker 127 Raceway Road reported colored water , it is okay for now since flushing is planned and should take care of it.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.
      A. None during this month.

      B. Dick to check out hydrants and see which ones need to be painted and flags put on them. He will also check with John Fowler and see if he would like to paint them.

      C. David Keszey will continue to do the lawn mowing.

6.  Old business.
    A.  Discussion of payment for Phelps Engineering. A motion was made by Roger not to exceed the $14,000 for May and June combined and it was 2nd by Dick and so approved.

    B. Jane to send thank you's to the people who helped at the polling booths.

    C. Jane to contact VLCT to confirm exactly how they are classifying our worker's comp and where the letter is that explains how they are covering Marc and Helen.

    D. Options on Bonding: 1- Bond for the whole amount.
                                           2- Get an interim loan
                                           3- Bond for $550,000. And lock in at a good rate and bond for the difference at a later date.

     E. Brad Holden, we are still waiting to hear from him about the finish of the surveying of the tank.

     F. May 29th is the last day that an appeal can be made on the bond vote.

    E. Cistern should be raised with a insulated gasket and communications up there should be improved. Peter thinks this should go on the agenda for 2004 while main tank is being painted. Peter will continue to check it.

7.  New  Business.
Marc will walk with Jeff Sprout the Underhill Road Foreman with the final design when it is done.

Mike Forsberg would like any extra gravel that there may be.

 The clerk was asked to Fax the application to the Municipal Bond Bank and add to it the percentage of voters from the grand list of Jericho and Underhill.

A motion was made for Peter to meet with Pam Steece at the Merchants Bank, it was 2nd and approved.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.  

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting June 2,2003

10.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:35 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool