Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the July 2003 Meeting


2013-03-03 04:28:16

 




July 7, 2003
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                             Marc Maheux
Roger Koniuto                           CLERK PRESENT                                                 
Dick Eldred                                Jane Maheux

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:10 P.M

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from the regular meeting were approved as amended. Removed name of Roger Koniuto since he was not present at the meeting. Also corrected two spelling errors, Item 2 line g, was changed to read 240,000.00 and 400,000.00 for new construction for a total of 640,000.00. Approved as amended were the minutes from the special meeting on June 12, changed was #6 to read no debt and certified no outstanding debt.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for June were approved.

     A. Reviewed the new draft from Angolano , need to find out if it is okay to remove unbilled water receivable, and how to do it. We would also like clarification on item 6. Jane will contact them.

     B. Jane will research how much it would cost to have them close out Quick books at the end of the fiscal year.  This would help to do depreciation and make sure everything would be in the right categories.

     C. It was suggested that we should budget for an audit every 5 years.

     D. The money will be divided from the bond into 2 banks and we will not risk the capital at all.

     E. Jane will find out what we have to do to pay off our note with RDA.   

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  49693 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results fine.
             Fluoride results good
             2Q03 IOC. Highlights : As= 0.003 vs 0.010 MCL
             1Q03. In compliance
             Mn= 0.139 vs 0.050 Secondary MCL
             3Q03 Pb & Cu. Sampled June 9 & 10 Ten  locations
             Results: All below MCL. All but one below detectable limit.
     B. Water use up a little; Marc feels it is do to the heat.

     C. Marc ordered 2 cases of meters, replacement parts for chlorine pump, and sample bottles.

     D. Marc wants to repair the hydrant on Raceway Road near Leo Lecours. The hydrant on 144 Raceway Road has been repaired and is working and the customer has been billed for the repairs.

     F. Marc had a Poker Hill site meeting with Alan, Jeff Sprout was suppose to be there but did not show.. Marc reviewed plans with Alan at site and asked for these changes or additions.
    1. Would like the Control Vault larger
    2. A flush valve on the end of the 5"
    3. There is not any electrical in these plans, and it needs to be included.
    4. Need for a tank drain.
    5. Curb stop for Denhams.

     G. Marc followed up at BRMS, our meter reader informed us that they had changed there water meters and the old readings were not available. Marc was able to get the old readings and explained that they need to inform us before they change these. He also informed them that he wanted there RP2 to be checked out. Jane will write up a follow up letter to them about these items.
    
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
     Coored water was checked at the Sargent residence and it is ok.
     
5. Repairs and Maintenance.
      A. Curb stops at Vt Rt 15 427 and 428 were repaired.
      B. Dick will check with Charlie Weignand about mowing and brush hogging around the fence line, and to see if he would drag all of the pipe and stuff into one pile so it can be removed.
      C. Peter would like to have the Pump house painted.
      D. Peter has marked 12 trees at the tank and would like approval for Tom Mitchell to remove them, it was approved.
      E. Marc would like to be able to see from the Control building to the mound, Tom Mitchell will remove what is needed to try to make this possible.

6.  Old business.
    A.  A meeting to review plans with Phelps; needs to be scheduled, Marc will set this up.

    B. Letter from Elizabeth Hunt or ANR has been reviewed.

    C. Letter from David Sichel of VLCT still has not been received; Jane will follow up again.

    D. CCR report has been completed.

7.  New  Business.
     A. Peter would like to share the responsibility of checking the Tank. He proposed setting up a Trustee of the month schedule to do this.



8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.  

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting August 4, 2003

10.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool