Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the January 2003 Meeting


2013-03-02 08:59:17

 



JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
January 6, 2003
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                             Marc Maheux
Roger Koniuto                           CLERK PRESENT                                                 
Dick Eldred                                Jane Maheux

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:07 P.M

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from the 12/2/02 meeting were approved.
2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports from December 2002 were reviewed and approved.
    
3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  46816 gpd.up a little due to leak at Green Crow
          ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results fine.
             Fluoride results good
     B. Marc is a part of the Communication Work Group for the state of Vermont.
     C. Nitrate, IOC, Lead and Copper are due for testing in 2003, Marc will pick up the test bottles.
      D. Marc reported that Dwight DeCoster may be interested in changing some meters for $14.00 per hour, tabled to be discussed at a later date.
          
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
      None during this period.
      
5. Repairs and Maintenance.
     A. None during this period.

6.  Old business.
    A.  Tank Painting Project-
Peter received zoning information from Carolyn Gregson.
Margaret Hummel explained to Marc that after going through the statutes she felt there should not be a problem with zoning for the new tank.
Marc has delivered a brochure to neighbors and has discussed the tank project with them.
Brad Holden shot the elevations for us on the Forsberg property for the new tank there are markers up there now.
Alan of Phelps has agreed to come for 1 informational meeting


  B. Security- Need to speak with Peter Gimmanaco about the fence at the tank he was a little aggressive with the surveyor when he was there.


7.  New  Business.
     A. Land next to the tank has been purchased and Justin Willis has requested a letter for allocation of water. Peter will compose a letter to send, we can not commit until we have a sight evaluation. Also customer must have booster pump.

    B. Peter to check with Vince Paradis to find out how to go forward with the Bond vote.

    C. The Board decided that one option on the bond vote would be the best way to go.

    D. We need to have an extension of the District boundaries.

    E. The board decided that it would be best to have 2 informational meetings to give people a better chance to attend. Also suggested that we get someone from the Mountain Gazette to write an article about it and then possibly have a meeting video recorded to play on the public access channel.

    F. Create a form for people on Poker Hill road to sign requesting that they may join the water district.

     E. Plans were received from Green Crow for a new water service, they will be charged to hook the garage on and they will do the boring under the road.


8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  January 13,2003, and January 20,2003 to discuss New Tank.

9.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:25 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux
Clerk/Treasurer

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool