Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the August 2003 Meeting


2013-03-03 04:37:31

 




August 4, 2003
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                             Marc Maheux
Roger Koniuto                           CLERK PRESENT                                                 
Dick Eldred                                Jane Maheux

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:10 P.M

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from July 7, 2003 were approved as amended with some spelling corrections and to change in number 4 the word odor to colored water. Minutes from the July 14 were approved with 3 spelling corrections.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports for July were approved.

     A. Still waiting to hear from Angolano about the cost of closing out the books and answers to our accounting questions, Jane will follow up on this.


3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  48035 gal/day
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
             Bacteria results fine.
             Fluoride results good
             
    B.  Marc is concerned about the beavers near the control building. He will continue to watch them to see if the problem gets worse.

    C. Repairs in the Maple Ridge vault have been done.

     D.  Marc purchased new pillows for chlorine testing and they have been given to Helen.

     E. Cistern timer was discussed and was tabled at this point for further discussion.

4.  Customer concerns/comments.
     Kim Worden contacted Peter about the availability of water service on a piece of property on Meadow Lane, Peter told him that whom ever was to purchase the property would have to contact the district to find out about this.
    
5. Repairs and Maintenance.
      A. Trees have been removed between Control bldg. and Wellheads. If more need to be removed we just need to let Tom Mitchell know.
      B. Painting is to start on the hydrants within the next week or two.

6.  Old business.
 A.  Pump house has been mowed and trees removed, Dick would like to meet with Marc to find out what is removable steel. Marc said he would remove it from the Control bldg. to the Pump house.

B. Chuck Wiegand would like to remark the wellheads to make it easier for mowing. Marc is to come up something to use.

C. Brad Holden recommended that we plant grass or do something at the Tank so the Town of Underhill would realize where our property boundaries are.  Dick will put in some more stakes with flagging around them to make it more visual.

D. Jane is going to contact VLCT again for the letter about Marc and Helen being covered under Worker's Comp.

7.  New  Business.
     A. The date of Oct. 27th was chosen for the Annual Meeting.

     B. A suggestion was made that possibly we could deed David Damkots property back to him since it is not of any value to us. Peter to check with Vince.

     C. A motion was made by Roger to apply for the Revolving Loan Fund and to adopt Items 1-6 on their form. Motion seconded by Dick and was so voted on and approved.

    1. Resolution and Certificate.  The name of the Water District depository bank and account number should be typed in where indicated. All or a majority of the Water District Trustees, as well as the Water District Clerk and Water District Treasurer, should sign where indicated on the last page and date and fill in. Be sure to affix the Water District seal over the Clerk's signature.

    2. Planning Note. The note requires the signature of all or a majority of the Water District Trustees and the Water District Treasurer. Again, the date should be filled in and the Water District seal should be affixed.

    3. Certificate of Registration. All that is required here is the Water District Treasurer's signature and the date filled in.

    4. Arbitrage and Use of Proceeds Certificate. The signatures of all or a majority of the Water District Trustees and the Water District Treasurer's are required on the third page, along with the date filled in. The accompanying schedule A-2 should be dated.

    5. Loan Agreement.  The date should be filled in on the first page. The Chair of the Water District Trustees, the Water District Clerk and the Water District Treasurer are to sign where indicated on the fourth page. The Water District Seal should be affixed over the Clerk's signature.

    6. IRS Form 8038-GC. Please fill in the Water District's Employer Identification Number in box two (2). Your signature and date are required at the bottom of the form. Also, box five (5) "Report Number" Needs to be completed. If this is the first form 8038-GC filed by the Water District during the calendar year 2003, please insert the number "1", otherwise insert the total number of Form 8038-GC forms filed to date (including this submittal).



8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.  

9. Next Meeting Date:  Next regular meeting September 2, 2003 and Special meeting August 11, 2003.

10.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:25 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Jane Maheux clerk/ treasurer


 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool