Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the February Special 2002 Meeting


2013-02-21 15:22:11

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

February 18,2002
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill
Special Meeting

TRUSTEES PRESENT         OPERATORS PRESENT         CLERK PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                     Marc Maheux                                     Jane Maheux
Richard Eldred

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05

1. CONCERNS-
    A. Need to complete source protection plan make an Emergency Protection Plan in case of a natural disaster or a major disaster of another kind.
    B. 1st response what should you check and where should you go.
    C. List resources and contacts in the plan.
    D. Complete a general plan add to it.

2. INITIAL RESPONSE-
    A. Need to get water back into the tank, possibility of dropping a pump right into the Browns river or Roaring brook.
    B. A Do Not Drink Water notice would have be put in place immediately

3. POSSIBLE WATER SOURCES-
    A. Shallow wells at Pump house #1, Spring at Damkot's, Lumber Mill wells, Brown's river, the Creek and Roaring brook would not be able to be used without a notice to not drink the water. The wells at the Lumber Mill are not an approved site.
    B. Damkot's site, it was suggested that we do away with this site because of the cost to develop it for use.
    C. Deep wells at Pump house #1, find out what the cost would be to reconnect the electrical , how long it would take to do this and how long would the state let us use this site without removing manganese and iron. Also find out what the flow of these wells is.
    D. Foothills Development, if they were to hook onto CWD than possibly we could hook to them from our nearest hydrant which would be approx. 1700 feet from them.

4. SHORT TERM PLAN-
    A. Build a contingency plan and figure out how many people we would need to make this work. Contact Emergency Management and see what they would have available to us to use during this time. Come up with a general plan and add to it.
    B. Fire Department, meet with them and create a standing agreement that we could use their pumps and equipment to get started until we get everything we need in place to handle this emergency.( Marc will contact Randy Clark).
    C. Man hole cover, what is in there and would anything be a benefit to us for water or well treatment.
    D. Dry hydrant at control building or hydrant connection the outside of the control building. This may make it possible to pump water out of the river and keep it potable for the customer by running it through the control building this way.

5. LONG TERM PLANS-
    A. CWD , a possibility of joining their system, would they be receptive to this and is there a fee to hook on with them.
    B. Deep wells, would they be big enough to use for this?
6. CONTACTS-
    A. Emergency Management, Dick will contact them to see if they have generators available for use.
    B. Tom Woodward, works for the state emergency management maybe a possibility of having him meet with us.

7. ADJOURNMENT- Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM

Respectfully submitted,

Jane Maheux

Clerk/Treasurer

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool