Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the August 2002 Meeting

 

August 5, 2002

7:00 P.M.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT OPERATORS PRESENT GUEST PRESENT

Peter Mitchell Marc Maheux Mike Forsberg Richard Eldred CLERK PRESENT

Roger Koniuto Jane Maheux

Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:05 P.M

1. Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the meetings were reviewed and approved with amended changes.

2. Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports were reviewed and unanimously approved.

3. Operations Report.

A. Operator's report.

i. Water usage. 45,890 gpd.

ii. Test Results and Testing.

Bacteria- Good

Fluoride - Good

4. Customer concerns/comments.

  • Matt Malloy called in regards to his water being shut off for nonpayment he was questioning the procedure in which we use he was assured it was by our guidelines and everything was fine.
  • Jim McGonagle complained of low water pressure Marc checked it out and changed his meter and showed him his pressure problem, customer will repair.

Requests.

  • Mike Forsberg attended to discuss the possibility of putting a new tank on his property, he would give the land to the water district and all he would like in return is to be able to hook up to the system.
  • Peter will send the zoning regulations from Underhill to the VLCT to review and they will get back to us on our options. The town said we may possibly need to go with 1 acre or possibly 3 acres. We do not need this much land for our project.
  • Peter will also get in touch with Vince Paradis to have him help to understand what options we have about getting a variance so that we do not have to go with such a large amount of acreage
  • Mike likes the idea of the increased fire flow for the town and would like those figures to share with Lee Dumas.
  • The board explained to Mike that they would need to have a written request from him asking us to do this project.

5. Repairs and Maintenance.

Curb Stops- United Church needs to be repaired

  • Cistern Hedge- Dick has not gone there yet. Peter is going to go up and shovel it off.
  • Ditch and Culvert at Pump house 1- Ditch is fine, Marc still has culvert to extend.
  • Hydrant relabeling - Project to start soon
  • VTrans- 397 Vt Rte 15 (Paulsen) is ok. 331 Vt rt 15 (Chaffee) needs to have a couple of buckets of gravel in it. Marc recommends that Peter call Jim Bedell and see if he will take care of this since he did the original work and it has settled.

6. Old business.

  • Board accepted final report from Phelps. They are still to provide us with a final report to use when we go out to bid on the project.
  • VFDS we are still waiting for more information from Kentrol on these.
  • Marc to get information from Neil Boyden of Williston systems to find out how they planned for the tank painting projects.
  • The board is to decide how much money we must keep in reserve to operate on , the rest to be used for the up coming project. Jane to review actual expenses for the last 3 years to help with this decision
  • Emergency Back Up to be tabled until further notice.

7. New Business.

  • Fencing around the tank, Dick made a motion to spend the $5379.00 to put up the fence from the estimate from F.E.Hart it was 2nd. Marc to check with the town to see if we need a permit to do this. Peter to ask Hart to schedule this for October and it was decided to make it an expenditure in the next Fiscal year. It will be a line item in the budget for Security
  • Rate proposal changes for the new year: Base fee to stay the same, Usage fee to change to 3.50/1000 gal. Hook up fees and extensions to become 2,000.00.
  • Annual Meeting date planned for October 28th. Jane to find out all of the particulars for Warning the meeting
  • Land next to the Water tank has been offered to us for the cost of 15,000.00 by Phil Jacobs this has been tabled.
  • Dick to give us a estimate on the cost of an 8x8 blg by the tank to put electrical in.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date: September 3; 7:00 P.M.

10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:45 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Jane Maheux

Clerk/Treasurer


2013-02-22 05:53:19

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool