Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the October 2001 Meeting

2013-03-06 06:33:51


October 1, 2001
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

Peter Mitchell                            Marc Maheux                                Katharine Koniuto             
Richard Eldred                           Joseph Beane                         GUESTS PRESENT
Roger Koniuto                                                                                  None
Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:04 P.M

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from the 9/10/01 meeting were reviewed and unanimously approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports from September  2001 and an amended August 2001 were reviewed and  unanimously approved.
3. Operations Report.
    A. Chief Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  49,773 gpd.
        ii.  Test Results and Testing.
                       Bacteriology:  September results were good. (reported at 9/10/01 mtg.)
                       SOC's: Tests completed: 38 items tested: Non-detected.
                       Tests were done by Aquacheck Lab for $400. plus the $36. cost to ship the sample to them.
      iii. Other
               New Assistant Operator: Joe Beane, 8-27-01.
               Training  Plans. Joe is working with the state regarding taking the tests for certification.  He has also been working with Marc to learn about the water district and has been exercising the valves.  He has found some problems with sand in the valves but no signs of vandalism.
               Ti-Sales is going to hold a meeting regarding different types of meters and their uses.  M. Maheux and J. Beane plan to attend. P. Mitchell also mentioned another meeting about chemical pumps.
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
          A.  Concerns (Tracking Forms): None received since last meeting.
         B.  Other.  None.
5. Repairs and Maintenance.
     A. Meter Calibration: Verifying Meter Installed. Status (G.Allen?)
                 No further contact has been received from Mrs. Allen (VT371).
    B. Well #2 Cap Leaking.
          Marc will check the cap again to determine if it is still leaking.
    C. Other.  None.
6.  Old business.
      A. Status of Radio Transmitter for Main Tank.  This has been ordered from Champlin Associates.
    B. Tank and Cistern Inspection report.  P. Mitchell shared the report which included pictures of both items including the inside.
          Investigate Green Sand or other Filter.  A discussion was held about the possibility of getting a filter to remove the manganese from the water.  Such a filter would be large and require a building the size of our current Control Building.  It would also be expensive to run.
          Note to Foran's.  The Board asked the clerk to send a letter to the Foran's thanking them for their cooperation during the inspection of the tank.
    C. Pending Items Review.
         12. Valve Exercise.  J. Beane is currently exercising the valves.            
         15), 16) Hydrants/Valves/Shutoffs Exercise, etc.  Status? Labeling?  Maps of the valves and hydrants were shared with the Board. Relabelling will take place soon.  J. Beane also has risers to install if a shutoff is too low.
     D. Annual Meeting
           Warning: Publish once, post in both towns. (Ref: V. Paradis telecon)
             The warning was published by THE BURLINGTON FREE PRESS on 10/1/01.  It is also posted at the Underhill Post Office, Countryside Florist and Jacobs Market in Underhill and the Rawson Library and the Underhill I.D. School in Jericho.  
           Review Draft Annual Report.  The Board reviewed and accepted the report as presented by President P. Mitchell.
           Preparations for Meeting: Moderator W. Frank.  Bill Frank has agreed to be moderator for the meeting again this year.  The clerk was asked to send him a copy of the warning.
           Candidates for various positions.  All candidates have been contacted and have agreed to run for reelection.
           Review budget proposals. (Layne proposal to rebuild pumps?)  The budget was briefly reviewed and it was decided to have another meeting in a week devoted to the budget.
     E. Job Descriptions. Policy review: Comments?
          P. Mitchell suggested that we have a job description and title for the current daily testing done by Helen Miller.  
          Further discussion will be held on the job descriptions at next week's budget meeting.
     F. Other.  None.

7.  New  Business.
    A.  State warning regarding security of public water supplies.
          P. Mitchell shared a letter he had received from the Department of Environmental Conservation of the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources regarding the security of wells and water systems. The locks on the tank, cistern, gate, Control Building, wells, etc. have been inspected and replaced where necessary.  The water is tested daily.  Putting a fence around the tank was discussed.  It was felt that it would not serve as a deterrent to determined individuals.   J. Beane will check on the costs.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment.
          Bills were reviewed, approved and budget coded.
         A. Coding of Income and  Bills.
              P. Mitchell shared the system he has set up, but wants to get a better break down of the income and to what each part is allocated.

9.  Upcoming meeting dates:
      Annual Meeting: October 15,2001; 7:00 p.m.
      Budget Meeting: October 7, 2001; 7:00 p.m.
      Next Regular Meeting: November 5, 2001
                 Agenda items for next regular meeting.

10.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 10:05 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Katharine A. Koniuto


Pay Bill Online


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool