Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the June 2001 Meeting


2013-03-06 06:10:02

 



JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
JUNE 4, 2001
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT         OPERATORS PRESENT          GUESTS PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                  Marc Maheux                Rev. Richard Cooper                 
Roger Koniuto                         CLERK PRESENT                   Michael Perrault
                                                  Katharine Koniuto
                                
Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:06 P.M

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from the 5/7/01 meetings were reviewed and unanimously approved with the following changes:
   3.A.ii. The spelling of the word State was corrected.
   3.A.iii. Under Hydrant damage a period was inserted between over and The.
               Under Marc Maheux's Fees, $60 was changed to read $65.
   5.E. The phrase "it is NOT" was changed to read" it is leaking but only when it is NOT pumping."
   5.F. The date the hydrant was repaired was changed to read "5/22/01."
   6.E. Marc Maheux was NOT present for the Executive Session.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports from May  2001 were reviewed and unanimously approved.
       A. Red Hed Bill reduction ($50. Jim Guilbault).
            Jim Guilbault from Red Hed reduced our bill by $50.00 for the trench box rental.                     

       B. Billing for hydrant replacement at 333 VT. Rte. 15.
           We are still waiting for Jim Durbrow's bill before billing the insurance company.
       C. Start coding of bills? Account codes needed?
            The Board decided to start putting bills into the codes suggested in the year's budget.
       
3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  54,729 gpd.
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
                       SOCs: Delay granted (3-23-01, Billy Kahn). Waiver to be submitted with revised Source Protection Plan.
                        Cyanide: TBD.  3Q01
                        Fluoride: Status? (May mtg=deltaJUWDvs State)
                           Repairs have been done on the tank.
        iii. Other
               None.
       .
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
          A.  Concerns (Tracking Forms): Discussion of current concerns.
                 W. Frank- 6 yds. Topsoil - This concern was resolved to the customer's satisfaction on 5/15/01.
               M. Sacco- chlorine odor taste - This concern was resolved on 5/20/01.
               D. Keith-Hot water temperature fluctuation - The pressure in the system is 80psi within the 35-100psi acceptable limits.  The temperature fluctuates due to cycling of furnace.  This is a furnace issue.
               D. Keith- Brown water, etc. - The brown water coincided with the water system flushing on 5/10/01.  Water cleared up afterwards.
    B. Other.
         1.  Rev. Cooper of the United Church of Underhill was present and requested that the water to the Gifford building be disconnected.  The Board explained the difference between shutting the water off and disconnecting it.  He will confer with his church's committee and get back to the Board with their wishes.
         2.  Michael Perrault of 2 Depot Street in Underhill was present with questions regarding a hookup.  He has submitted an application and fee for water service.  He has an apartment upstairs which means there will be an additional $600 in fees. There will have to be an examination of the line on Depot Street to see if it is an adequate access to water service.  A motion was made and unanimously carried to accept Michael Perrault's application for water service and go forward with the needed examinations once we receive a check for $2100 (house and apartment).

5. Repairs and Maintenance.
     A. Meter Calibration: Verifying Meter Installed. Status (G.Allen, J.Stoddert,, Big John's, others?)
          G. Allen hasn't called to set up an appointment.
          J. Stoddert's meter is OK.  She does not have a problem.
          Big John's - There appears to be a problem with Big John's meter.
     B. Estimate for UPS  or Radio Transmitter for Main Tank? No estimate has been received to date.
     C. Shutoff Valve Repair at B. Metcalf. (5/23/01) Data Base/ drawing update?
          The repairs of the valve at B. Metcalf's were completed on 5/23/01.
     D. Well #2 Cap Leaking.
          The top cap needs to be replaced and sealed.
     E. Replacement of Damaged Hydrant at 333 Vermont Route 15.
         The hydrant that was hit by a car was repaired on 5/22/01.
     F.  Other.  
          None.
 
6.  Old business.
      A. Source Protection Plan.
          Marc reviewed the completed Source Protection Plan with the Board of Trustees.
      B. Customer Confidence Report. Update for 2000 date and new rules.
           The clerk presented the final draft of the report for the Board's final review before taking it to the printers.
     C. Freezing.  Parsonage stopped approx. 5/9/01.  This has been done.
        D. Insurance:  VT League Cities and Towns. Status: Received policy and info.
                      On site building review every other year. Will be notified.
                       Our policy began 5/7/01.  We are to receive a refund from Hastings-Tapley, our former carrier.
       E. Pending Items Review.
             2. Sacco Agreement. Status.
                 The Board awaits Mr. Sacco's signature on the easement papers.
             3. Tank Inspection: Underwater Solutions mid-July to August. Date: TBD.
                 This will take place after July 4th.
             5. Culverts. The culverts have been delivered and J. Durbrow will install them.
             9. Meter Recommendation
                 Roger Koniuto presented a comparison of the meters.  They are basically the same.  A motion was made and unanimously carried to authorize M. Maheux to order 50 meters if the dealer will include a free reading gun.  If the dealer will not include a free reading gun, the order is to be for only 20 meters.
            13. Handbook.
                  The clerk presented a handbook to each Board member and the operator.  Copies of the District maps and the 2000 Consumer Confidence Report will need to be added.  Peter Mitchell suggested adding the various Job Descriptions, as well.
            15), 16) Hydrants/Valves/Shutoffs. R. Eldred was not present to make a report.            
        F. Other.  None.

7.  New  Business.
    A. M. Perrault Application Form. Approval?
         See 4. B. 2 above.
    B.  Start Mowing? Other summer activities.
         Peter Mitchell will contact Dave Keszey to mow the Control Building and Charles Wiegand to mow the area around the Old Pumphouse.
    C. Meetings: Revolving Loan Fund. 6-2001 Montpelier.
          It was decided not to attend this meeting.
    D. Encryption Software?
         Peter Mitchell & M. Maheux will get together to work this out.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed, approved and budget coded.

9. Next Meeting Date:  July 2, 2001; 7:00 P.M.
    A. Agenda items for next meeting.  

10.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 10:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Katharine A. Koniuto
Clerk/Treasurer

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool