Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the March 2001 Meeting


2013-03-06 05:30:48

 



JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
March 12, 2001
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUESTS PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                            Marc Maheux

Richard Eldred                           CLERK PRESENT                     
Roger Koniuto                            Katharine Koniuto
                                
Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:02 P.M
This meeting was postponed from March 5, 2001 due to weather conditions.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  Minutes from the 2/5/01 meeting were reviewed and unanimously approved.
 
2.  Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports from February  2001 were reviewed and unanimously approved.
     A. Unread meters: UCU Church read by board: parsonage provided by e-mail.
          The clerk reported that several of the postcards left by the meter reader were returned with no name and no reading on them.  She will suggest to the meter reader that he put a name on any postcard he leaves during this next cycle.
    
3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water usage.  45,400 gpd.
         ii.  Test Results and Testing.
               Nitrate: Est. State Lab-$12. Test has been done, but results have not been received.
               SOCs: Status of Waiver? Marc will apply for the waiver after the SPP is complete. He will apply for an extension.
               VOCs:~$120. A waiver will be applied for these tests.
                Cyanide: TBD.  The test will be conducted during the third quarter.

4.  Customer concerns/comments.
          A. Follow-up on sulfurous odor: causes, preventative measures.
          B. Need for tracking of concerns? How? Form?
                    12/28/00 - Water has sulfurous odor at old Waters Library. Response:TBD
                        (Same issue reported by United Christian Assembly - Raceway.)
                    1/2/01 - Fluctuating pressure at home of R. Grzywna.  Response: suspects main shutoff needs work; will examine in spring.
                The Board discussed a need for a Customer Concern Form to be used to track concerns and document that concerns have been resolved.  The clerk was asked to prepare a draft copy of such a form for the April meeting.



5. Repairs and Maintenance.
     A. Meter verification/Calibration Status (G.Allen, J.Stoddert,, Big John's, others?)
          No further action
    B. Estimate for UPS for Main Tank.  Walt Douglass has been contacted.  There has been no response from W. Douglass as yet.  M.Maheux will investigate further.
    C. Cistern Right of Way for Inspection: 20 ft. R.O.W. For details need Warranty Deed, May 1, 1972, Vol. 43, Pg. 179 Underhill Land records.  The Board discussed the R.O.W. from the Deed's description.  The exact position is still unclear.
     D.  Other.  None.
   
6.  Old business.
    A.  Review Meter Reader's Job Description.  Robert Cormier has signed the Job Description and will deliver it to the clerk soon.
    B. Identification. Badges and business cards needed?
         M. Maheux presented some I.D. badge borders.  A simple border was chosen.    
    C. Source Protection Plan - M. Maheux reported that letters have gone out and he is awaiting the  replies. He also provided a new cover, Table of Contents, and a list of customers in Zone 2 and 3.  He has the documents regarding the cleanup at the Wells' Store in Underhill Center.  An extra meeting to discuss contingency plans for the SPP may be needed.
    D. Freezing.  Precautionary running of water?  At UCU Parsonage?
          The Board and M. Maheux discussed the need to run water to prevent freeze-ups.  It was still felt that it was unnecessary as yet to send out notices to those customers whose lines have had problems in the past. As warmer weather approaches and the frost line goes deeper, it may become necessary.  The Board was ready to take immediate action if it becomes necessary.  
     E. Insurance: Proposal VT League Cities and Towns.
         The Board reviewed the cost of insurance as we have purchased it in the past compared to the proposal from VLCT.  A breakout of the Worker's Cop expense was needed.  The clerk will provide that information before the next meeting.
     F. PO4 Instrument: Offer?  M. Maheux reported he had not taken any action on this as yet.
     G. Pending Items Review.
         The Board moved into Executive Session at 8:52 p.m. to discuss a property issue.  Those present were Peter Mitchell, Richard Eldred, Roger Koniuto, and Katharine Koniuto. The Board moved out of Executive Session at 9:16 p.m. A motion was made to authorize the Board to pay Michael and Kim Sacco $250. for completion of the project and for our attorney, Vincent Paradis to prepare the documents for an easement agreement with Michael and Kim Sacco. The motion was unanimously carried.
     I. Other.  None.

7.  New  Business.
    P. Mitchell has received a call from Barbara Merrill regarding the Backup Operator's position.
The Board asked that the clerk remove the backup operator position on the next cycle of billing and only include the Assistant Operator position.

8.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

9. Next Meeting Date:  April 2, 2001.  

9.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:34 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Katharine A. Koniuto
Clerk/Treasurer

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool