Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the September 2000 Meeting


2013-03-14 13:43:25

 



JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

September 11, 2000
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT                                      OPERATORS PRESENT                                        GUESTS PRESENT
Peter Mitchell                                                        Marc Maheux  

Roger Koniuto                                                     CLERK PRESENT
Richard Eldred                                                      Katharine Koniuto


Peter Mitchell called the meeting to order at 7:08 P.M

1. Review & approval of previous minutes. Minutes from the August 7, 2000 meeting were unanimously approved.

2. Review & approval of financial statements. The financial reports from August 2000 were reviewed and unanimously approved.
3. Operations Report.
   A. Operator's report. 
    i. Water use. 50,544 gpd. 
    ii. Test Results and Testing.
     a. Change in bacterial test base. Testing is now done at Marc Maheux's home, not the Sargent's home. Marc needs more Bacti sample bottles. The clerk will get those before the next meeting in October.
     b. Lead-Copper Sampling. The sampling has been completed. All results have been received except the one from the United Church. So far, the results have been within acceptable limits. Once all the results are in the clerk will send a copy of the results to the participants explaining the results and thanking them for their cooperation.
   B. Poker Hill Road Project update.
     i. Review of Costs vs. Original/Revised Estimates. The Board reviewed the Poker Hill Project Expenses Report. Marc explained that the amount of pipe laid was more than was in the original estimate driving the overall costs up.
     ii. Bacterial Test Results. All tests have come back negative.
     iii. Numbering of Hydrants. Marc showed the Board on a map where the new hydrants are at the corner of Poker Hill Road and Barrett Lane and at 16 Poker Hill Road in front of Chris Wells' trailer.
   C. Other. 
     i. Assistant Operator Reorganization. Debbie Fowler has resigned her position as assistant operator and meter reader, effective immediately. 
     ii. Meter Reader. A discussion was held about hiring a new meter reader. Several names were suggested. The Board will continue to make contacts as it is nearly time to read the meters.
     iii. Water Supply Rule Changes. The Board reviewed Chapter 21, the water Supply Rules. And the changes in them.
     iv. New meter. Marc has installed a new meter at the Robert & Tracy Breton home at 13 Barrett Lane.

4. Customer concerns/comments.
    i. Chlorine in water - M. Sacco.
    ii. Chlorine Taste - B. Martin. 
In both cases the reading were within the acceptable limits. In the future , a sealed sample should be taken for further testing.

5. Old business.
  A. Pump house #1. (Nov. 99 Motions) Ken Mitchell called on Saturday, Sept.16th saying that his tractor was stuck due to the field not draining properly. He claims the brook needs to be ditched.
   i. Fence repair: Second estimate sought. The Middlebury Fence Co. 's estimate was approximately $1,050 with 50% down. F.E. Hart's estimate is $1,119.
   ii. Ditching Work. Both Jim Durbrow and C. Weigand are possibilities for this job.
   iii. Mowing. C. Weigand will do the mowing but he thinks its too wet to mow right now. 
   iv. Drawing from K. Mitchell of District Property. Ken refused to show the Board the copy. The clerk thinks there may be a copy in the files. She will check and, if so, will make copies for the Board.
  B. Insurance Status. Peter arranged for Worker's Comp. Coverage through October. 
  C. Well Evaluation Status - Date from Layne Christensen. We do not have a date as yet. D. Other.
None.

6. New Business.
  A. Chittenden County Regional Planning Request for Info. 
There was a communication on August 16th requesting information on the growth of the district. Peter sent a chart of our water usage.
  B. Annual Meeting. (Oct. 16, United Church?)
   i. Agenda to include Budget and Election for President (3 yrs.), Trustee (1 yr.)
The clerk will check the past minutes to clarify which positions should be elected and for what period of time.
   ii. Changes to regulations. The Board has a proposed regulation change regarding collection procedures. Peter will send it to the attorney for his review.
   iii. Posting of Notices (When, Where).
The Warning should appear in the Legal Notice in the Burlington Free Press on Oct. 2, 9, and 16. Dick will post the warnings at Big John's, the library, the Post Office, Jacob's Store, and the I.D. School.
  C. Maintenance - Identify Next Project(s) for Prior to Winter and Summer.
    i. Remove saplings at Storage Tank. There is some graffiti on the back side of the storage tank. Peter Mitchell will clear the saplings.
  D. Other. 
   i. Officers' Handbook.
Peter said he felt it would be helpful for the officers to each have a handbook that included the regulations, charter, maps, etc. The project will take place after the annual meeting.

7. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.
8. Next Meeting Date: October 2, 2000.

9. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:52 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Katharine A. Koniuto
Clerk/Treasurer

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool