Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the March 2000 Meeting


2013-03-09 06:39:06

 



JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
March 6, 2000
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATOR PRESENT          GUESTS PRESENT
Harold Sargent                              Marc Maheux                      Roger Koniuto
Peter Mitchell                        CLERK PRESENT                                                               
Richard Eldred                       Katharine Koniuto

Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:14 P.M.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  The proposed February 14, 2000 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved with the following amendment:
  The first line was changed to read:
     Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:13 P.M.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements.  The February 2000 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously approved.

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water use.  74,874 gpd.  
          ii.  Charts & report. The written report for the month of February 2000 and a graph comparing this year's water usage with that of previous years had been shared with the Board members by e-mail.  
          iii. Activities and concerns. Marc proposed that he work on a data base program for hydrants and valves.  The need for a program versus a simple log sheet for the small number of hydrants and valves was discussed.  A motion was made and carried to pay Marc for up to 2 hours for the development of a data base program for the hydrants and valves.
    B. Reimbursement of Marc Maheux for software.  
         The Board voted to reimburse Marc Maheux $100.00 for the original dBase software for the Curb Stop Program.
    C.  Other.
          None..
         
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
      None.

5.  Old business.
     A. Emergency water source at 379 Vermont Route 15.  State inspection on hold (HES).
          This will be rescheduled in the future.
     B. Electric bill -  Peter.  Peter had no further information at this time.
     C. Disposition of old computer.  Roger Koniuto reported that two people he contacted did not want the computer.  The clerk said that perhaps the elementary school district in Grand Isle is interested in it.  She will check further into this.
    D. Status of delinquent accounts.
         The treasurer reported that all the accounts she discussed at the last meeting as being delinquent have either paid or have been put on a payment plan.  No further action was taken.
        E.  Poker Hill water line extension - Preparations.
             The Board members held a discussion of what needs to be done prior to beginning the project:
              1.   Harold will discuss doing  three open cuts in Poker Hill Road with the Town of Underhill.  
              2.  The residents of the Poker Hill Road area where the project is to take place will be notified by Harold personally
              3.  Harold has asked the Town of Underhill to let him know if we need to apply for any permits, etc.
              4.  The Board discussed whether to hire someone to put a package together and go out to bid or to take charge of the job and hire the necessary people ourselves. The Board felt it would be cheaper to do it ourselves.  Harold will call Jeff MacDonald about their price.
        F. Other. None.

6.  New  Business.  
    A. Discussion of leak at I.D. School.
         A leak was located at the Underhill I.D. School on February 18, 2000  underneath the ice skating rink constructed by the school.  It was repaired the following day.  The RPZ backflow device was also repaired through Marc's insistence.  Harold will write a letter to Ken Remsen, principal of the school asking him not to place the ice rink over the water line in the future.  Harold had a letter for the Board to sign thanking Mary Martelle of the FIRST STOP PRINT SHOP for alerting us to the possible leak at the school.
   B. Membership for Marc and Harold in G.M.W.E.A.
       The Board voted to approve paying for annual membership for Marc and Harold in the G.M.W.E.A.
   C. Other.  None.
    
7.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

8.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:50 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Katharine A. Koniuto
Clerk/Treasurer

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool