Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the June 2000 Meeting


2013-03-09 06:52:25

 



JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
June 19, 2000
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATOR PRESENT          GUESTS PRESENT
Harold Sargent                        Marc Maheux                          Roger Koniuto
Peter Mitchell                           CLERK PRESENT                                                                        
Richard Eldred                         Katharine Koniuto

Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:06 P.M.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  The proposed May 1, 2000 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved with the following amendment: E.3. The word "exorcising" was changed to read "exercising".  The 5/30/00 Emergency Meeting minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved as presented.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements.  The May 2000 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously approved.

3. Operations Report.
    A. Operator's report.  
          i.  Water use.  46,955 gpd.
          ii.  Charts & report. The written report for the month of May  2000 and a graph comparing this year's water usage with that of previous years had been shared with the Board members by e-mail.  
        iii. Activities and concerns. See 4.A.
 B. Poker Hill Road Project update.
         i. A temporary line was installed on 6/16/00.  It was chlorinated for 4-5 days with reading from 1.8 - 3.0.  It was flushed for 2 day for 5 - 10 minutes each day
       ii. Marc met with Jim Durbrow to review the materials list.  Jim is to begin work on 6/20/00.      iii. E.J. Prescott will install thge hydrants on 6/21/00.  Marc reviewed with the Board the installation method.
      iv. The Town of Underhill asked that work not take place on Poker Hill before Poker Hill School closes for the summer.
       v. Rainy weather has caused delays in the project.
 C.  Other.  None.
                  
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
      A. Vibrating Pipes Berard etc. Along VT. Rte. 15. Started 6/6, stopped 6/13?, restarted 6/15?.
       After many attempts to finds the cause of the vibrating, it was determined that a ball cock valve in some plumbing at Green Mountain Foam had been shut off causing the vibrating.  In the attempt to locate the cause of the vibrating, a possible leak in the system was discovered at 407 Vermont Route 15 (Largena's).

      B. Consumer Drinking Water Quality Report.
           The reports were mailed to all those who have accounts with us.  Harold hand carried 58 reports to apartment house tenants, Jeri-Hill residents,etc. Harold also certified our report with the State of Vermont. One customer (Putzier) reported to Harold that the district had very good water.

5.  Old business.
     A. Maintenance Plan for Old Well/Ken Mitchell Fence repair; 5/12 mtg., 6/5/letter, remove 375 ft., inspect culverts, No trespassing signs. An estimate for fence repair was $1,100, The work will be done as soon as the ground dries sufficiently.  The culverts have not yet been inspected because there's too much water in them.  A No Trespassing sign has been placed on the gate.
    B. Maintenance at New Well: secure well vent, cut brush.  Marc will secure the well vent.  Dave Keszey will be contacted about cutting the brush, etc.
   C. Candidates for the Position of Operator. Schedule interview.  Debbie Fowler was the only applicant for the position.  Peter will schedule an interview with her as soon as possible.
   D. Hydrant Flags in Storage Shed, Paint #2,14,26,29,31; chains #8,10,21,29; number #6. The number on Hydrant # 6 is missing.  The Board discussed whether painting of the hydrants should become one of the duties of the assistant operator.
  E.  Other.
            A. The curb stop project is
6.  New  Business.  
    A. Consumer Confidence Annual Report.
          Harold presented the first draft of this year's report.  It will be  reviewed by Board members and Marc Maheux.  Suggested changes will be given to Harold for incorporation into the final draft.
    B. National Drinking Water Week. The possibility of participating in a water tasting contest was discussed.  However, the Northeast Rural Water Association required five gallons of water (most inconvenient to provide) plus a $10.00 fee.
    C.  Collector's job.  Marc submitted his resignation as collector.  Collection methods and the law were discussed.  The Board did not accept his resignation at this time and Marc consented to continue for a while.  This item will be placed on the agenda for the June meeting.
    D. President's job.  Harold shared a list of recommendations he had prepared.  (See attached.) If the district  is to hire an assistant operator, it will need to advertise the position as  it is a pubic institution.
    E. Other.  None.
    
7.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

8.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 11:06 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Katharine A. Koniuto
Clerk/Treasurer

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool