Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the September 1999 Meeting


2013-03-30 07:01:03

 



JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
September 13, 1999
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATOR PRESENT          GUESTS PRESENT
Harold Sargent                           Marc Maheux                             None
Peter Mitchell                            CLERK PRESENT                                                             

Kenneth Crimmins                    Katharine Koniuto

Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:06 P.M.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  The proposed August 9, 1999 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements.  The August 1999 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously approved.

3. Operator's Report.  
    A.  Water use.  62,404 gpd.  
    B.  Charts & report. The written reports and a graph comparing this year's water usage with that of the 3 previous years was presented.
    C.  Other.
          1.  The District is providing water to those whose wells have gone dry.  Marc reported that a lot of people are filling containers of various sizes at the Countryside Florist on Route 15.  The town continues to fill their water buffalo tank for those who need water in Underhill Center.  The fire department is also taking water to those who have none.
          2.  Scott Towers of River Road has applied to be added to the water district.

4.  Customer concerns/comments.
     A. Grace Brunelle on Raceway Road called on 8/28 to report slightly colored water in the cold tap.
           1. A call was received from the residents of 375 Vermont Route 15 regarding colored water.  Marc Maheux was testing a boiler in the Episcopal Church across the street that day and that have been the cause of the problem.

5.  Old business.
     A. Radios - Harold is applying for permit.  Harold is working on this. The radios are working well.
     B. Emergency water source at 379 Vermont Route 15. Harold will write a letter to the owners, David and Sharon Damkot, suggesting that they take the free water clause out of their deed.  The Board is offering to provide them with free water as long as they own the property and live there, under a contract agreement.



    C. Summer work:
        1. Location of curb stops and recording.(Debbie) Debbie Fowler is working on this project and things seem to be going well.  Harold will assist Debbie in locating the ones that are difficult to find.
       2. Seal well vent.  Harold Sargent will do this.
       3. Ditch work on access road to Pump House No. 1.  Harold has contacted Jim Durbrow and he will do the ditch work and give us an estimate for removing the fence.
     D. Electric bill -  Peter.  C.V.P.S. Reports that the bill is higher when we have an unusually high demand for electricity in a given time period.  Marc thinks that this is happening when there is a power interruption on Maple Ridge but not at the Control Building.  When this happens the controls in the Control Building read that there is no water in the storage tank and both pumps come on at once to try to correct the perceived situation, causing the large demand.  After a discussion the Board felt that C.V.P.S. should be contacted for suggestions as to how to prevent this occurrence.  Another option would be to get a battery pack for back-up in the event of a power failure.  The Board then asked Marc to look into a battery pack.  Marc was also asked to check the charts at the Control Building to see if he can determine what is the cause of  the increased demand at certain times.
    E. Pager for the 3rd trustee - Peter.  Peter's pager is not with Contact Communications like the rest of the Board's and Marc's so it can't easily be activated.  Marc will obtain a pager from Contact Communications for Peter.
   F. New chemical pump for sodium hypochlorite situation. E.J.Prescott is going to exchange a new pump for the one we have that did not function properly.  The sodium hypochlorite needs to be injected at a high rate per minute to enhance mixing in an effort to mitigate the color problem.
    G. Review water offered to residents without water policy.  Water is currently available at the Countryside Florist for those without water.  We are also providing water to the town for their water buffalo to serve those without water in Underhill Center.  The Board received a letter of thanks from Selectman Ted Tedford for their assistance in providing water to the townspeople whose wells have gone dry.  The Town will pay for the water they draw and people who obtain water at Countryside Florist have been asked to send money to the treasurer for the water they use.
    H.  Is curb stop at 377 Vermont Route 15 working? (Marc) The curb stop is broken.  It is open now.  It needs to be replaced, but will shut off if necessary to do so.
    I.  397 Vermont Route 15 - new Erie box installed on 8/24/99. Jim Durbrow and Harold Sargent completed this project.
    J.  Status of Tom Morse service line work.  Harold Sargent talked to Tom Morse.  Tom is going to pump warm air into the conduit containing his water line to prevent it from freezing.  Harold also suggested that he might fill the conduit with expanding foam to provide insulation to the water line in order to prevent freezing. Tom thanked the Board for the time they spent studying the situation at his business and helping him to decide how to best handle it.
    K. Other.
        1. After a discussion the Board instructed Harold to have our lawyer write Michael and Kimberly Sacco a letter regarding getting an easement for our line that crosses their property.
         2.  For the provision of drinking water for Harvest Market this year, Dave Kelly has built a water dispenser platform for a five gallon tub that will be filled at the United Church. Harold will construct two dispenser platform stands.  Peter Mitchell and Ken Crimmins will monitor the dispenser and fill it as needed on Saturday, September 25th.  Harold and Peter will do the cup and water refills on Sunday.

6.  New Business.
    A. Pass resolutions of warning and date for the Annual Meeting.
         The date for the Annual Meeting was set for Monday, October 25, 1999 at 7:00 p.m..  Adding the Scott Tower property on River Road to the Water District was placed on the warning.
    B.  Review and approve Consumer Report to be sent out before October 19, 1999.  The clerk distributed copies of the Consumer Water Quality Report for the Board to review.
  C. Other.
       1. Harold will write the Annual Report for the District.

7.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

8.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 10:46 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Katharine A. Koniuto
Clerk/Treasurer

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool