Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the August 1999 Meeting


2013-03-30 06:58:54

 



JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
August 9, 1999
7:00 P.M.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill



TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATOR PRESENT          GUESTS PRESENT
Harold Sargent                                None                                     None
Peter Mitchell                          CLERK PRESENT                                                              
Kenneth Crimmins                   Katharine Koniuto

Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:07 P.M.

1.  Review & approval of previous minutes.  The proposed July 19, 1999 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved.

2.  Review & approval of financial statements.  The July 1999 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously approved.

3. Operator's Report.  
    A.  Water use.  60,844 gpd.  
    B.  Charts & report. The written reports and a graph comparing this year's water usage with that of the 3 previous years was presented.
    C.  Other.
          1. Flushing took place on 8/4/99. ( See 6.C. below.)
4.  Customer concerns/comments.
     A. Colored water on Route 15 and Raceway Road prior to flushing system on 8/4/99.
          1. Calls regarding colored water were received from Mrs. Brunelle on Raceway Road, Mrs. Carroll who lives next to the fire department

on Route 15 and Mrs. Cressman on upper Meadow Lane.

5.  Old business.
     A. Radios - Harold is applying for permit.  Harold is working on this.
     B. Emergency water source at 379 Vermont Route 15. Our attorney is researching the drinking water status of the spring rights of the

property at  379 Vermont Route 15.  At an earlier meeting the Board passed a resolution stating it no longer considered that source of any value

to the District.  Harold will talk with David Damkot, current owner of the property, regarding the Board's concerns.
     C. Summer work:
        1. Location of curb stops. Debbie Fowler has begun this project and things seem to be going well.
       2. Seal well vent.  Harold Sargent will do this.
       3. Status of valve box for Fire Department service line.  On August 9th, the Board received a letter from the Underhill-Jericho Fire

Department stating that they were no longer responsible for the valve box on their property.  Harold will write a letter in response stating

that the Board understands their letter to mean that the Underhill-Jericho Fire Department has turned the ownership of the valve and valve box

over to the Jericho-Underhill Water District as of August 9, 1999.
      4. Meter replacement. Meter replacement plans need to be drawn up.
      5. Poker Hill.  This has been postponed until next year.
      6. Ditch work on access road to Pump House No. 1.  Harold will contact Jim Durbrow regarding the ditch work.
    D. Electric bill -  Peter.   Calls to C.V.P.S. Regarding the electric bill have not been productive.  Peter will write a letter asking for

an explanation and how a demand controller might be effective in controlling our peak periods of electricity usage.
   E. Pager for the 3rd trustee - Peter.  Peter now has a pager (802-878-5386).  It now works if Peter's PIN #4100 is used.  It appears that

Marc needs to program the sender.
    F. New chemical pump for sodium hypochlorite removed - it did not work.  Need to return it. Harold will write or call E.J. Prescott again

regarding the pump.
    G. Discuss whether or not the District should make water available to people without water.    An individual (John Greene) approached Harold

at his home regarding filling a 275 gallon water tank from the District's supply as he was experiencing problems with the well at his home due

to the drought.  Harold filled the tank for him at a cost of $1.00. (Collected by Harold and turned over to the District Treasurer.)  After a

discussion, the Board decided that the District would provide water to individuals as needed.  The cost would be $3.00 per 1,000 gallons in

accordance with the District's regulations plus a charge for Harold's time.
   H. Other.
        1. The U.S. Department of Agriculture called the Treasurer regarding a check they say they received from our District for $6,742.00.  

The District has never sent them a check for that amount and suggested that they check their records for a misposting.
       2.  A discussion was held regarding providing a source of drinking water for this year's Harvest Market on September 25 and 26.  Such

items as the source of the water, what kind of dispenser would be needed, cups, and signs were discussed.  Ken Crimmins will look into getting a

bubbler-cooler and report back.

6.  New Business.
    A. Computer set-up and use. The clerk reported that the computer is set up and she is learning all of its many facets.  However, the old

personal computer table owned by the clerk is not big enough for the new monitor. After a discussion, a motion was made and unanimously approved

for the clerk to purchase a new work station for the computer at a cost of $412.39.
    B. Tom Morse's service line.  Harold Sargent will call Tom regarding his service line.
    C.  Flushed part of system on 8/4/99. Harold and Marc flushed Route 15. Park Street, River Road, and Raceway Road.  The flushing went well.  

The colored water cleared up well following the flushing and there has been no further complaint.
    D. Curb stops at 377 and 397 Vermont Route 15 may need to be replaced.   The curb stop at 377 may be broken.  The curb stop at 397 needs to

be dug up. The rod in the ground has twisted off.  The Erie box pipe also broke off at a joint down 14 inches from grade.  It was severely

corroded.
   E. Other.
       1. The next meeting will be held on Monday, September 13, 1999 due to Labor Day being the first Monday of the month.

7.  Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.

8.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 9:34 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,


Katharine A. Koniuto
Clerk/Treasurer

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool