Meeting Minutes

Minuted for the September 1998 Meeting


2013-04-07 09:47:52

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTICT
September 14, 1998
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT                    GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                     Marc Maheux                                 Lee Dumas from the Underhill-Jericho Fire Department

Peter Mitchell                   CLERK PRESENT          

Kenneth Crimmins               Katharine Koniuto      

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The proposed August 10, 1998 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The July 1998 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously accepted with the amendment to move the $661.50 for the PO, pump from the Supplies line to the Repairs & Maintenance line under Disbursements because the pump was replacing an old pump.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. Water use. 54,577 gpd.
  2. Operators' Reports.

1. The PO, pump has been installed. The PO4 readings were high for the month of August.

  1. Other.

Marc will make copies of the curb stop locations for the board members. He suggested setting up a data base with the exact measurements of streets and houses. Once that is done, the exact measurements of the curb stop locations could be added to it.

4. Customer concerns.

Lee Dumas, representing the Underhill-Jericho Fire Department, requested credit for the extra water they used for washing equipment, etc. after the flood. The Board voted to extend 10,000 gallons ($30.00) credit. The credit will be reflected in the bill sent in October 1998.

Lee acknowledged that Harold Sargent delivered the wrenches to the fire department. He said that Harold gave basic instruction in their use. Marc Maheux asked if the fire department would be willing to have a "hands-on" training session in the use of the curb stop and main valve wrenches. Lee agreed to have the training held. He requested that the Board let the fire department know when preparations are complete and the fire department will schedule time on a training night. Marc expressed his concern that untrained use of the curb stop wrenches could potentially cause damage to the curb stops.

5. Old Business.

  1. Villeneuve stone walk.(Keszey was contacted August 15) The work on the stone walk has been completed.
  2. Valve wrenches delivered to the fire department.

Lee Dumas reported that the fire department has received the valve wrenches (See 4. Above).

  1. Other.

1. Painting the cupola on the Control Building was discussed.

2. It has been decided not to paint any of the fire hydrants this year but to paint 1/2 of them next year as Bob Fowler was unavailable to do it this summer.

 

3. Bob Fowler will be continue to scrape and paint the piping in the control building.

6. New Business.

  1. Request for water service (Mrs. Arietta Wrisley).

A check for $1,500 has been received. Harold will contact Jim Durbrow and Marc Maheux regarding the hook-up.

  1. Set date of annual meeting.

The annual meeting will be held Monday, October 19, 1998 at 7:30 p.m. The clerk was instructed to put the warning in THE MOUNTAIN VILLAGER for the three weeks prior to the meeting. The regular monthly meeting for the month of October will be held October 5, 1998 at 7:00 p.m.

e. Annual report to write.

Harold will write the Annual Report.

d. Other.

1. Ken Mitchell has requested that he be reimbursed for the 2.5 hours he spent repairing the end of the ditch near the old pump house. The Board approve Paying him $137.50 ($55./hr.).

2. The Board asked the meter reader to verify all outside reader readings with the inside meter. They also requested that it be noted as to which homes have outside readers. As the meters are read, the Board requests that the make of the meter be noted as to whether it is a Neptune, Crane, etc. For this extra effort, the Board voted to pay the meter reader an extra fifty dollars this one time only.

Executive Session

The Board moved into Executive session at 8:58 'P.m. to discuss contractual matters. The Board exited Executive Session at 9:04 p.m. No action was taken.

7. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

S. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:45 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

 

Katharine Koniuto Clerk/Treasurer

 

 

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool