Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the October 1998 Meeting


2013-04-07 10:13:51

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
October 5, 1998
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

 

TRUSTEES PRESENT     OPERATOR PRESENT     GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent       Marc Maheux          None

Peter Mitchell       CLERK PRESENT

Kenneth Crimmins     Katharine Koniuto

 

President Harold Sargent called the meeting order at 7:02 p.m.

 

  1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The proposed September 14, 1998 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved.
  2. Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The September 1998 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously accepted.
  3. Operator's Report.
    1. a. Water use. 60,081 gpd.
    2. b. Operators' Reports.
  1. Marc suggested that the Board invest in a set of walkie-talkies to facilitate communication during projects. He further suggested that we look into Motorola because they will handle the necessary paperwork. Ken Crimmins will check on this.
  2. There was a tank overflow last week due to a power outage on Maple Ridge Road. The pump did not get a signal and interpreted that to mean the tank was empty and overfilled it.
  3. The pagers received a strange signal on September 25th, The possible causes were discussed.

c. Other,

Because of the ledge in the Maple Ridge area the service line to tie property at 41 Maple Ridge Road has become exposed. Harold and Marc will investigate the problem on Wednesday, October 10th to decide what the best way to approach it is. It was felt that the right of way along the road might be a good solution. 

4. Customer concerns. None 

5. Old Business.

a. Electric heater needed for vault. The old electric heater no longer works. Marc will investigate the costs of a new one so that one will be in place before winter.

b. Joe & Louise O'Brien's service line. See 3.c. above.

c. Water service to Mrs. Arietta Wrisley on hold. The application for service has been withdrawn at this time. Her son, Richard Wrisley, says that application will be made again in the Spring.

d. Other.

    1. Pat Lamphere has breached the berm. His work looks good. The work that Ken Mitchell did to repair the ditch near the old pump house also looks good.
    2. Bob Fowler is not interested in the job of painting the pipes in the Control Building. Harold will ask Dick Eldred if he is interested in the job. The K.J. Construction Co. (Henry Listenik) was also suggested. 

6. New Business.

  1. Repair of storage building roof. Harold did this project on September 28. 1998. 
  2. Well access road access to control building. Harold has tried unsuccessfully to contact Dragon Welding.. He will continue to try to reach them. 
  3. Review proposed Annual Report by Harold Sargent. Harold prepared the Annual Report. The Board reviewed it and suggested some changes.
  4. Other.

Peter Mitchell suggested that we have a source of drinking water available at Harvest Market next year. How it would have to be set up was discussed and will be further investigated.

7. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and accepted for payment.

9. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:50 p.m.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

 

Katharine Koniuto

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool