Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the January 1998 Meeting


2013-04-07 08:02:49

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

January 5, 1998

7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT        GUEST PRESENT

Harold Sargent                      Marc Maheux             None

Peter Mitchell                     CLERK PRESENT          

Ken Crimmins                       Katharine Konuito

 

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

 

  1. Review and approval of Previous Minutes. The December 1, 1997 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved. 
  2. Review and approval of the Financial Statements. The December 1997 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously approved. 
  3. Operator’s Report 
    1. Water use. - 48,130 gals average daily use for the month od December 1997. Marc also shared a water graph for 1997 and a graph comparing 1997’s water use with 1996’s usage.
    2. Former XYZ (R. Middlebrook) meter replacement (Harold). The meter yoke in the former XYZ building now owned by Rick Middlebrook was reported to be leaking. Harold investigated and found that it was in fact leaking, probably due to a freeze-up some time in the past. He replaced the meter yoke and meter with the meter from Marion Gleason property (Now non- existent). The same meter head was put back on so the readings will not be affected.
  4. Other.

                  i.   Collection issues were discussed. It was agreed that the clerk would send a brief notice to the outstanding bill party reminding them that their account was past due and how to avoid their water being shut-off. Marc will follow up as collector.

  1. Customer Concerns.
    1. K. Mitchell flushing requested. Ken Mitchell has requested that the district flush the line to the old pump house. On Wednesday afternoon (1/7/98) Harold Sargent and Marc Maheux will flush the lines from the tank to Park St. Steam Mill Road, and up Route 15 to the Pump house.
  2. Old Business.
    • Dehumidifier table made and mounted by Peter. Peter Mitchell completed this project during the month of December.
    • Pat Lamphere to serve as second contractor. Mr Lamphere has agreed serve as our second contractor.
    • House with pump in service line. It has been reported that a house in the water district has installed a pump with the owner claiming that their water pressure is low. Harold Sargent will investigate this matter.

Ackerman/Baily situation regarding water service. Mr. Baily called on December 24, 1997 and asked to have the water to his house turned off as the house is vacant and is being prepared for the winter. There is a shut-off fee ($25.)for this service. In turning off the water Harold and Marc discovered that the curb stop had been bent (Probably by the state snow plow). They repaired it and lowered it to prevent similar damage in the future.

    •  Rule changes voted 11/3/97 effective date 1/2/98. The clerk distributed updated copies of the District Regulations which were voted at' the Annual Meeting on November 3, 1997 and went into effect on January 2, 1998.
    •  Other.
      • The clerk reported that she had purchased the paper shredder ($62.99) that was OK'd at the December meeting.
      •  Harold reported that he had called the Vermont office of the Rural Development Administration regarding our August 13, 1997 bond payment. He is waiting for a return call from Naomi Hatch.

6. New Business.

a.  Set up tank painting account. The District voted to increase the water rates 25 cents for each 1,000 gallons used at the Annual Meeting on November 3, 1997. The treasurer was instructed to set aside 25 cents for each 1,000 gallons billed beginning with the March billing. The money will be put in a fund which will be used to paint the steel tank on Maple Ridge.
b.  Discuss reported restricted flow at the fire department fill pipe. At the fire department Open House on December 14, 1997 Harold Sargent asked Fire Chief David Tillotson how the fill pipe was working. The chief responded that the fire department was not entirely happy with the rate of flow and the water sometimes pulsated. Harold suggested that he check and clean the strainer upstream of the RPZ valve for foreign material. He also reported to the chief that the RPZ has a higher head loss than the spring loaded vacuum breaker that the board required as a minimum. Fire Chief David Tillotson suggested that he and Harold meet in early January to further investigate the problem. Harold concurred. The board was happy with that arrangement.
c.  Consider resolution to hold special meeting to vote to have the clerk charge interest not to exceed 12% per annum for delinquent water statements of 30 days or more. It was determined that this was not needed as this was already voted at the Annual Meeting on November 3, 1997.
d.  Notices to certain freeze-up users? Parsonage? to run water. The board felt that there was no need to issue run water notices yet. Harold Sargent will keep track of the water conditions at the parsonage which has served as the board's early detector.
e.  Other.

    •  A motion was made and voted to give the United Church of Underhill $140.00 for the use of their room for the year 1998. Peter Mitchell abstained from the vote citing a conflict of interest as he is also a Trustee of the church.

7. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

8. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:48 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Katharine Konuito

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool