Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the April 1998 Meeting


2013-04-07 08:45:09

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER. DISTRICT
April 8, 1998
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United. Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT       GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent         Marc Maheux            None

Peter Mitchell         CLERK PRESENT

Kenneth Crimmins       Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:12 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The proposed March 2, 1998 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved with the following change:

6.b. was changed from 2:30 p.m. to read 9:00 a.m.

The minutes of the special meeting held March 23, 1998 were reviewed and unanimously approved.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The March 1998 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously accepted.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use. 47,290 gallons per day. Marc shared a water use graph with the Board.
  2. b.   Marc's Report.
  3. Marc shared his lap-top computer and what he's doing with water district data,
  4. Marc reported on the tank overflow last Saturday (4/4/98). Harold received a call from Joe O'Brien on Maple Ridge Road that the tank was overflowing. Marc adjusted the controls to make it work and Harold made follow-up calls to the Control Building to verify operation.
  5. Marc received a call last night (4/7/98) from a customer who reported colored water. Kitty Clark had called last night and left word on Harold's answering machine that the fire department crew drew 1,000 gallons of water from the fire hydrant at Browns River Middle School.
  6. There was a discussion of the possible replacement of the plastic pipe on Poker Hill Road. Marc reported that it is 860 feet to Barrett Lane from the end of existing 8" D.I. main on Poker Hill Road.

c, Other. None

4. Customer concerns.

A customer called the clerk last night (4/7/98) to report very dirty water. Another customer called Harold and another contacted Peter in addition to the one who had contacted Marc. All reports stemmed from the fire department's use of the water from a fire hydrant last evening. The fire department did NOT alert us to the fact that they were going to use the water prior to the usage. The Board is incensed at. this omission. Harold will draft a letter to the fire department for all board members to sign regarding this matter since the hydrant use was not for an emergency. Harold will also contact Vince regarding possible solutions to this problem.

5. Old Business,

a. Three houses with pump on service line project. Jeff Williams of Spafford Well Drillers reported completion of an atmospheric storage tank at the Cressman house at 45 Meadow Lane and all works fine. It took his men four hours plus some supervision by Mr. Williams. Two more remain to be done: the Lavigne home at 70 Maple Ridge and the Erickson home at 46 Sugar Hill.

b. Gate sign is mounted. Harold has installed the sign with #52 mounted on the sign board and the gate hinge post.

c. Other.

  1. A discussion was held regarding the presence of dog feces always found beside the access road to the Control Building. One man walks his large dogs there twice daily. One possible solution would be to post the property. Harold will attempt to make contact with him to again ask that the feces be picked up or dogs will be banned from the well recharge site.
  2. A three-way electrical plug was purchased for the dehumidifier and it is now in operation.

6. New Business.

System to be flushed May 6, 1998 at 2:30 p.m. The system will be flushed May 6, 1998 at 9:00 a.m. If another episode of colored water is reported a quick flush of Park Street, Route 15, and River Road may be needed earlier.

b. Meter reader replacement. Janet Peryea accepted the position and has returned a signed. copy of the contract to the clerk. She is accompanying the current meter reader as he does this quarter's reading. We will place her officially on our payroll (Take Social Security and Medicare deductions from her pay.) so that she is covered by our liability insurance.

ce Decide on Poker Hill Project. Harold shared an engineering letter from Webster-Martin regarding the project. They would charge $2500. for engineering fees for the project. The Board felt that more information and discussion was needed. They decided not to replace the 8" main to Barrett Lane at this time and are considering alternate solutions to the problem. Harold will call Jeff MacDonald of Webster-Martin and let him know that the Board has decided not to do the project at this time. Much discussion centered around replacement of the plastic line between the end of the 8" D.I. main and where the 1 1/2" copper line connects. This represents a little over 400 feet and being less than 500 feet, would not require a state permit.

Harold will check this out and get together with Marc Maheux and then get back to the Board on suggestions for a lesser project.

d. Insurance signature. Harold signed the statement from the insurance company on May 27, 1998 agreeing that we will have no claims prior to June 5, 1992.

e. Other.

  1. Peter and Ken will remove the hydrant flags prior to the May meeting.
  2. Peter Mitchell requested to give a family guest a tour of the control building. The other two board members agreed to have him do so.
  3. The Board voted to pay Harold's dues renewal and registration for the G.M.W.E.A. meeting (Total of $30.00).
  4. Harold has not received the SOC sample results. He will call Rocco Graziano regarding this.
  5. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment,
  6. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 10:12 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

 

Katharine Konuito Clerk/Treasurer

 

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool