Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the September 1997 Meeting


2013-04-26 11:03:55

 

Jericho-Underhill Water District

September 8, 1997

7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

 

TRUSTEES PRESENT          OPERATORS PRESENT          GUEST PRESENT

Harold Sargent                          Marc Maheux                   Kenneth Mitchell

 Ken Crimmins                                                                                                        

 Peter Mitchell                        CLERK                                      ASST.  OPERATOR                               

                          

Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m.

 

1.      Review & approval of previous minutes.

 

2. Review & approval of financial statements. There was no financial report due to the illness of the clerk / treasurer Kathy Koniuto

 

3. Operations Report.

    A. Operator’s report. 

        i. Water usage. 57254 gal/day 

   B. Marc reported that he’s dealing with a couple of shut-off situations. The Board voted unanimously at 8:08pm to enter into executive session to hear strategy proposed for collections involving two customers due for shut off. The Board voted to come out of executive session at 8:28pm, unanimously the Board agreed with Marc’s plan to set up schedules for payment with these customers to avoid water shut off as long as agreements of payment are met by the customers affected.

  C. Will flush the system September 24th.

2.      Customer concerns/comments. 
  1. A.     Ken Mitchell brought property maps of his land and District land and reviewed with the Board the history of land purchase and map development over the years since 1970. Harold will acquire a copy of the District’s deed of well field #1 (former Mitchell property)  

  3. Old business.

     A. There has not been any word back from the Sacco’s since the executed contract for services upgrading their lawn and installing copper water service was delivered late in August.

  1. B.     There has not been any formal response to the District’s letter to the Fire Chief regarding meters and a reduced rate. Gary Lavigne called Marc in reference to the metering, according to Marc.
  1. C.     Sign replacement at Gate. Ken Crimmins will check on sign cost for a sturdy, possibly metal sign. Two signs are needed, to say essentially. 

WATER SUPPLY                                     PLEASE DON’T

RECHARGE AREA.                                BLOCK DRIVEWAY

PLEASE DON’T

POLLUTE

Jericho-Underhill Water District 

  1. D.    Grading/Seeding hydrant on Harvest Lane and rip rap on Brown’s River Bank. Harold will contact Gary Lunderville on hydrant grading and Pat Lamphere on bank stabilization near control building and river crossing of 12” D.I. force main. 
  1. E.     Ditch at Well Site #1: The ditching of the main ditch beside R.O.W. for the access road to well site #1 was done by contractor Pat Lamphere on September 4, 1997. A good job was done. He straightened up a steel sheep fence on south boundary of well site and straightened the gate which Ken Mitchell and Harold remounted. Harold provided a turn buckle K. Mitchell will use to re attach a tension wire to keep the gate from sagging. 
  1. F.       Library connection 8-29: Harold oversaw this Tap and water line installation. All ended up well. Harold found the main by “ water witch” means (2”L-shaped wires”) at edge of pavement. Curb stop was discovered to be defective, so a new one was obtained (and tested) and found okay. The 11/2” copper service was covered just above the line, then covered with 1” extruded Styrofoam insulation (2” thick on first 8’ from water main near road) as required by the Board. There are two connectors (unions) in the line between curb stop and building. Tap was made at 1:30 o’clock on the 8” AC water main (position of tap). There were no observed leaks under pressure 
  1. G.    The meter reader “gun” is at Harold’s place. Harold will test it first chance he gets. There are two reader set up with the correct meter head and receptacle. 
  1. H.    Pb/Cu sampling: This state and federal required sampling of 10 households must be completed by the end of September. Harold will distribute the bottles and forms to the 3 Board members for collection. Bottles will be distributed on 9-15. 
  1. I.       Board voted to offer $25.00 for painting the raised new unpainted portions of the three hydrants that are being raised. Hydrant#7 and 29 were raised by Red Hed last month, but #22 on Palmer Lane is yet to be raised

4.  New Business. 

  1. A.     Proposed rule changes and resolution to advertise for meeting. In view if the lateness of the meeting time, Peter Mitchell moved to hold a special meeting to consider rule changes, establish warning and discuss David Villeneuve’s request for water. The Board agreed unanimously to hold the meeting on September 15, 1997. Harold will advertise the meeting in the Free Press (Burlington). 
  1. David Villeneuve request for water, the Board will deal with this matter at its specially warned meeting of September 15, 1997. Harold will locate the main and the dead end and call the State regarding any discharge permit requirements. 
  1. Need for ventilation in the Control Building was brought up by Harold. 

5. Bills to review & approve for payment. Bills were reviewed and approved.                                       

6. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 10:50pm 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Harold E. Sargent , minute taker in the clerk’s absence

Typed by Jane Maheux from hand written notes.


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool