Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the October 1997 Meeting


2013-04-26 11:17:16

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
October 6, 1997
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT      OPERATOR PRESENT        GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                             None                              None

Peter Mitchell                    CLERK PRESENT

Kenneth Crimmins                 Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The July 7, 1997 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved with the addition of a comma between the words advertising and changes in Number 3.a. and the words "for advertising," between the words approved and an in Number 3.c.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The August and September 1997 financial statements were reviewed and unanimously accepted.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use.- 58,805 gals. average daily use for the month of September. There was an increase each week.
  2. b.  Other.

1. Mark and Harold flushed the system. The continuing colored water situation justifies this regular monthly flushing.

2. The chlorine feed line broke. Chlorine readings dropped to zero for a few days. This is the second or third time this has happened. A question was raised as to whether high pressure tubing was needed to prevent further occurrences of this problem.

3. An inspection shows that the small brush needs to be cleared from Well Site No. 2. The Board voted to contract with Dave Keszey for brush cutting at the well site at a cost not to exceed $200.

4. The Board authorized Harolefix4the vent for Well No. 1.

5. Water Solutions provided four free water samplings. Phosphate, iron, manganese, and pH were tested.

4. Customer concerns.

A customer reported that he liked the taste of our water.

5. Old Business.

  1. a.  Response to Board's August 13, 1997 letter to Fire Department. The fire department reported that it did not want to have our red high/low water level light on their new building. (Marc Maheux has volunteered to have it on his business across the street. Ken Crimmins will discuss phone line set-ups with Marc to determine the best, least expensive method.) They did agree to purchase a new Pro-Read meter head and the contractor will install the outside reader. They did not respond to the Board's offer of a wholesale water rate to fill their trucks.
  2. b.  Sign replacement at gate. Ken has ordered a new sign but it has not come in as yet.
  3. c.  Grading/seeding hydrant area on Harvest Lane. Harold called Gary Lunderville a month ago and left a message regarding this job, but has not received a response as yet. The Board authorized Harold to get someone else for the job. Dave Keszey was suggested 
  4. d.Rip rap on Brown's River. We have received the permit to do this, but there is not enough time to complete it this fall. Harold suggested that we look at it again in the Spring.
  1. e.Raised portion of Hydrants 7, 22, & 29 painted. John Fowler painted the riser portions of three hydrants.
  2. f.  Water service to D. Villeneuve & hydrant. We have received the connection fee of $1500. from David Villeneuve. A motion was made and carried to rescind the previous approval of the hydrant. A 2 1/2" or 3" line is to blow-off at the end of the 8" water main west on Route 15.
  3. g.  Other.
  4. Ken Mitchell has asked that the Board breech the berm at the old well site. The Board decided to conduct a field visit of the area to be breeched.
  5. Although Harold faxed the notice to them, the BURLINGTON FREE PRESS did not publish the notice that we were going to flush the system. No calls were received from customers at flushing time.

6. New Business.

  1. a.  Fan in control building. A fan may be needed in the control building to vent the chlorine fumes. Harold and Peter will investigate this further.
  2. b.  Well site #1 disposition. The board discussed the implications of not having well site #1. They felt that storage could probably be provided near the new control building. The question was raised that if there was a loss of water, would the District be allowed to tie in with the Champlain Water District. Harold will investigate this further. No action was taken at this time.
  3. c.  Contracted services for excavation work. Due to continued communication problems with our current contractor for excavation work, the Board felt a need to find another contractor as a back-up for our present one. Several names were suggested.
  4. d.  Review of insurance coverage and limits. The board reviewed the print outs but felt it needed more information. Harold will contact Katherine Lord of the Pomerleau Agency to set up a time to review our coverage.
  5. e.  Other.
  6. 1.    The Board reviewed the Proposed Changes Summary of the Water District regulations.
  7. 2.  The Board authorized $30. each for its operators to attend the G.M.W.E.A. meeting provided they attend.

8. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 10:37 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Katharine A. Koniuto

Clerk/Treasurer


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool