Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the November 1997 Meeting


2013-04-26 11:21:04

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
November 3, 1997
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT        GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                            None                                 None

Peter Mitchell                       CLERK PRESENT

Kenneth Crimmins                   Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 8:10 p.m. following the District's Annual Meeting.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The October 6, 1997 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The October 1997 financial statements were reviewed and unanimously accepted. It was suggested that a comment regarding the interest on the Rural Development Administration bond payment be added to the report.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use.-54,504 gals. average daily use for the month of October. There was less water usage this past month. An 11.5 hr. rest between pump cycles was noted on 10/31/97.
  2. b.  Other. None.

4. Customer concerns.

Mary Martelle of First Step reported that, at times, her water tastes like garlic. Harold will follow-up and take a sample if it is found that selenium or another printing related metal is a known garlic-producing taste element.

5. Old Business.

  1. a.  Sign replacement at gate. Ken had an 18"x24" metal sign made for $50.00. It reads WATER SUPPLY RECHARGE AREA. PLEASE DON'T POLLUTE. Harold will mount it.
  2. b.  Water service to D. Villeneuve & flushing hydrant. Two days were spent installing in 90' of 3" PVC flushing pipe near D. Villeneuve's business on Route 15 in order to facilitate a water service to the Villeneuve property
  3. c.  Action on K. Mitchell request to breach berm at Well Site No. 1. A motion was made and unanimously carried to breach the berm on the old pumphouse property approximately twenty feet from the topsoil pile. This will be done in the early summer of 1998. The material removed will be used to build a 15"-18" berm to protect the pumphouse. The Board acted on a request from Kenneth Mitchell and does not guarantee that breaching the berm will solve his field water problem.
  4. d.  Ventilation in control building. The board authorized Peter Mitchell to price dehumidifiers and purchase one at a cost not to exceed $300.
  5. e.  Other.
  6. Dave Keszey hasn't cut the brush as yet. Harold will follow up on this.
  7. The Harvest Run hydrant area may not be graded this fall. Seeding will take place next Spring.
  8. The well vent has been completed by Harold.

4. Harold will secure the 2" observation well at Well #1 next summer.

5. Harold has reviewed our insurance coverage and will contact the Pomerleau Agency to review it with them for appropriateness and a possible increase in coverage.

6. New Business.

  1. Contracted services for excavation work. Jim Durbrow has been contacted but has not returned our call. It was suggested that we have two contractors available so that we always have coverage. Several names were suggested.
  2. Hydrant flags up. Hydrant flags will be put up this week or next.
  3. Other.

Marc connected Rick Middlebrooks's business in the former Methodist Church to the system.

7. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

8. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 10:24 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Katherine Koniuto

Clerk/Treasurer


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool