Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the June 1997 Meeting


2013-04-26 10:48:44

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
June 2, 1997
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT        GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                        Marc Maheux                     Michael Sacco

Peter Mitchell                   CLERK PRESENT

                                        Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The May 5, 1997 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The April and May 1997 financial statements were reviewed and unanimously accepted.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. Water use.- 54,000 gals. average daily use for the month of May. The daily usage is creeping up. The possibility of leaks in the system was discussed.
  2. Other.
  3. Marc installed an outside reader at the Gloria Allen residence in Creekside.
  4. The chlorinator was turned back on on May 5th.
  5. The PO4 and Cl, solutions being added to the system are now being diluted 50/50 and feed rates were increased 2X.
  6. Marc shared a map of the district boundaries and also a data base including properties, curb stops, etc.
  7. The PO4 level is being tested once a week at Browns River Middle School and the Countryside Florist.

4. Customer concerns.

a. Mrs. McDevitt - Maple Ridge - pipe location. In anticipation of an addition to their house, the McDevitts have asked for assistance in locating the water district pipe on their property. Harold Sargent explained to her that she may want to hire Marc Maheux to locate her service line which is on her property. He owns a line tracer. She must keep the new leach field at least 25 feet from her water service line and she was informed of that requirement in our rules.

5. Old Business.

a. Maple Ridge (Sacco) agreement. Mr. Sacco was present at the meeting and presented a request intended to enlarge on the formerly presented agreement to provide more description. He outlined four items he would like to have agreed upon:

  1. Planting of barrier vegetation to prevent people using his property as a pathway as has been happening since the bushes were removed.
  2. He would like to have the $500.00 for his time in advance and if more time is needed and can be substantiated, the District would pay him $20.00 per hour for his time.
  3. He would like the District to allow a reasonable time for the project to be completed.
  4. 4. He would like a description of the completed project.
    1. A discussion between Mr. Sacco and the Board took place regarding the requests. The Board considered Mr. Sacco's requests and will develop an agreement to incorporate his requests as follows:(Items by referenced number.)
    1. The Board voted to include up to $400. for shrubs that Mr. Sacco had previously indicated he would plant.
    2. The Board decided to advance Mr. Sacco one half of the $500.00 up front money once the proposed contract was signed by both parties. Additional time in excess of 20 hours would be paid at $20.00/hour for a maximum of five hours when substantiated.
  1. 3.  The Board voted to permit project completion to extend to October 15, 1998 if necessary due to weather or other reasonable circumstances.
  2. The Board decided it can provide a general description of the project.
  3. b.  May 6 & 7 flushing. The flushing went well and a substantial amount of colored water was observed.
  4. c.  Chlorinator turned back on. A bacti water sample taken at 9 Meadow Lane on May 5 was positive for coliform bacteria so the chlorinator was turned back on. All five follow-up samples in May were negative including a raw water sample.
  5. d.  Need for establishing a data base of ties on the computer. See Operator's Report (3.b.4.)
  6. e.  Other.

1. Hydrants #1,2,4,5,7,15-A,20,21,26,34,30,33 were painted. Also the posts at #4.

2. Hydrant #20 was replaced by Red Hed at no charge. It was one installed by Warren Palmer for his Creekside Development and included inappropriate fittings.

3. The Board moved to authorize Harold Sargent to arrange for an estimate from Gary Lunderville for the cost of ditching of the road (south side access) to Pump House #1 to be done in August or September. If Gary Lunderville is unavailable, another contractor will be sought.

6. New Business.

  1. a.  Fire station 6" tap to A.C. main. This tap is to take place on June 3rd and Harold Sargent will be present.
  2. b.  Other.
  3. 1.  The Board authorized Harold to write a letter to the Town of Jericho selectboard regarding the use of our hydrants for water for their street sweeper, etc.
  4. 2.  Hydrant #7 (end of Rt. 15), #22 (Palmer Lane at Liberty Lane), and #29 (Rt. 15 at the Lee Dumas property) need to be raised. Red Hed has estimated the cost to be $240.00 per hydrant plus $240 for labor for a total of approximately $1,000. The Board authorized Harold Sargent to contact Red Hed to raise the three hydrants for the estimated cost of $1,000.

8. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 10:15 p.m.

Respectfully submitted

Katherine Konuito

Clerk / Treasurer


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool