Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the December 1997 Meeting


2013-04-26 11:24:24

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
December 1, 1997
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT        GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                             Marc Maheux                  None

Peter Mitchell                       CLERK PRESENT

Kenneth Crimmins                     Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:14 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The October 6, 1997 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved with the following changes:

3.a. 64,504 gallons per day was changed to 54,504 gallons per day. 4. In the last line, correct the spelling from "tste" to "taste".

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The November 1997 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously accepted.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. Water use.- 50,796 gals. average daily use for the month of November. Marc also shared a water usage graph for this year and a graph comparing this year's water usage with last year's usage.
  2. Other.
  3. 1. A discussion was held regarding tank level alert system possibilities. The pros and cons of phone lines, pagers, and other methods were discussed. Also discussed was the possibility of having a phone installed in the control building. A motion was made to spend up to $750. for the installation of a phone and jack at the control building, a telephone pager panel and pager service for one year. The motion was unanimously carried. Marc will arrange for the installation of this phone line and panel as soon as possible.
  4. 2. Collection issues were discussed. No action was taken.

4. Customer concerns. None

5. Old Business.

  1. a.  Sign replacement at gate. The sign has not been installed as yet. Harold will do this,
  2. b.  Water service to D. Villeneuve & flushing hydrant, Report.The hydrant was flushed. At first the water smelled bad although it was not colored. After a short time, it became colored and then cleared. Harold checked its taste and reported it was good. 
    1. A motion was made and carried not to charge David Villeneuve for the copper pipe from the curb stop to his house or the 2" extruded insulation over the service line in consideration for the gravel placement and grading he did in the State Right of Way area.
  1. c.  Tank level light. (See Operator's Report #1)
  2. d.  Dehumidifier installation. Peter has built a support table and will install the dehumidifier by the end of December.
  3. e.  Hydrant flags are up. This project was done by Peter Mitchell.

f, Other.

1. Brush cutting has been done at the control building and the well site

2. Our August 13 payment to the Rural Development Administration was discussed. Harold will talk with Naomi Hatch of their Vermont office regarding this.

6. New Business.

  1. Contracted services for excavation work.(Need back-up person). Patrick Lamphere was suggested as a second contractor. Harold will call him to see if he's available from time to time.
  2. Concern of Engineer Duffy re RPZ and restricted flow at the fire department. Harold reviewed the backflow device that the fire department had installed with the board. The board agreed that it was more than adequate.
  3. Other.

1. Peter suggested that the board should require that a ground wire by­pass be installed around the water meter. The board discussed adopting a policy requiring a homeowner to comply with electrical codes by the installation of a by-pass whenever a new meter is put in or an old one replaced. This came to the board's attention after Harold and Peter noticed arcing when the meter spacer blank was removed at Rick Middlebrook's Green Thumb business (formerly the Methodist Church). Harold will follow up to see that he corrected the circuit problem.

The clerk suggested that the district invest in a paper shredder to protect the privacy of the district and its customers. A motion was made and carried to allow the clerk to spend up to $75. to purchase the shredder.

A customer has asked what the cost of the installation of an outside reader would be. The board had adopted a policy several years ago to charge $100. for the installation of an outside reader when it's installed at the request of a customer. The board reaffirmed that policy.

7. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

8. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 10:33 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Katherine Koniuto

Clerk/Treasurer


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool