Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the August 1997 Meeting


2013-04-26 11:00:29

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
August 11, 1997
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT       GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                      Marc Maheux                      Kenneth Mitchell, Sr.

Peter Mitchell                      CLERK PRESENT                  David Tillotson

Kenneth Crimmins                  Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The July 7, 1997 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The July 1997 financial statements were reviewed and unanimously accepted.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use.- 57,000 gals. average daily use for the month of July.
  2. b.  Valve Locating with Ed Moore. The Board noted that main valves and hydrants were located by satellite using Ed Moore's equipment. This was done by Marc Maheux and Ed Moore.
  3. c.  Other.
    1. 1.  The results of the PO, sampling were distributed and discussed.
    2. 2.  Marc shared copies of Homeowner Data to be added to the Source Protection Plan.

4. Customer concerns.

  1. Ken Mitchell, Sr. expressed his concerns about some of the fencing needing repair at the old pumphouse property. He said that in the original agreement when he sold the property to the Water District, the District was responsible for maintaining the fence in order to keep animals and people off the Water District property. Mr. Mitchell expressed concerns regarding the maintenance of the fence and ditch at the old pump house site.
  2. 2.            The Board discussed a wholesale price (1/2 retail rate) for the water the fire department uses to fill its tank trucks with Fire Chief David Tillotson who was invited to attend the meeting. The discussion included what would be necessary for such an arrangement. Keeping track of the water used for fires outside of our water district would be one issue. Mr. Tillotson will discuss the arrangement with the members of the fire department and get back to us with their reaction.

5. Old Business.

  1. a.  Maple Ridge (Sacco) proposed agreement. (Ratification) We have received a copy of the agreement signed by the Saccos. Additional wording has been added to the agreement by the Saccos which seems acceptable to the Board. However, one member requested Harold to check with the Board's lawyer regarding this wording.
  2. b.  Removal of the curb stop that served Gleason and old fire station properties. This needs to be done and will be requested of the Fire Department's contractor.
  3. c.  Sign replacement at gate. A sign will be made to replace the ones that were stolen. The new sign will read "PLEASE DON'T BLOCK GATE. WATER RECHARGE AREA. PETS NOT ALLOWED." In the meantime a "NO PARKING" sign will be mounted on the gate

d. Letter to Town of Jericho. Harold wrote a letter to the Town of Jericho asking that they not use our hydrants to fill their street sweeper without prior permission so conditions of safe use can be established. To date we have had no response from them.

e. Other.

Red Hed has raised hydrants # 7 and 29 and have yet to raise Hydrant #22 on Palmer Lane.

6. New Business.

  1. a.  Proposed rule changes and resolutions to advertise. The Board reviewed the Water District's Regulations and made proposals for changes in some of the wording of the regulations and a proposal for a rate increase from $2.75 per thousand gallons to $3.00 per thousand gallons. Also a proposal was made to allow the Underhill-Jericho Fire Department a wholesale rate for the water they use to fill their tank trucks.
  2. b.  Getting set up to ditch old pump station access road. Harold will contact Gary Lunderville regarding the ditching of the road at the old pump station. If he's not available, he'll contact another excavator.
  3. c.  Rip rap on Browns River? The board approved using existing stone to rip rap along Browns River to prevent erosion. Harold is to contact Gary Lunderville on this project.
  4. d.  New H.H. at 24 Park Street (formerly Sheehan lot). Harold installed a new meter at the new trailer owned by Robert Prim on 7/23/97.
  5. e.  Library started. Work has begun on the new library next to the Underhill I.D. School. A 1 1/2" connection will be made there. The exact date has not yet been determined.
  6. f.  Purchase of meter reading gun. A motion was unanimously approve to purchase a used meter reading gun for $700. from Red Hed Supply Co. (1/2 price).
  7. g.  Request from James Rowe. Mr. Rowe requested water service at his property on the upper section of Palmer Lane. The costs of connecting his property to the Water District were discussed and he withdrew his request due to the expense.
  8. h.  Other.
    1. Flushing of the system will take place on August 13.
    2. VOC testing will follow the flushing on August 13.
    3. Lead and copper testing will take place in September.

8. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 11:14 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Katherine Koniuto

Clerk/Treasurer


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool