Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the October 1996 Meeting


2013-04-16 03:17:36

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
October 7, 1996
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT      OPERATOR PRESENT        GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                         Marc Maheux                 None

Peter Mitchell                     CLERK PRESENT

Michael Sacco                           None

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.

  1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The September 9, 1996 minutes were reviewed and unanimously approved by the Board.
  2. Review & Approval of Financial Statement. The Board reviewed the financial statement, but deferred approval until the annual meeting when the treasurer will be available.
  3. Operator's Report.
    1. a.  Water use.- 50,000 gals. average daily use.
    2. b.  Approval of Source Protection Plan. - The Board signed a letter to Marc Maheux accepting the Source Protection Plan.
    3. c.  Other.
      1. Marc opened the blow-off for the Maple Ridge area (on Mike & Kim Sacco's lot near Derouchie's. He also installed a steel witness rod with reflector and bent the blow-off pipe up hill to direct flow when using it.
      2. Marc flushed some main artery lines two different times during our recent chlorination, boil water advisory episode to clear lines of contamination, bring chlorine to outer reaches of the system and clear pipes of settled floc.
      3. The Board asked Marc to proceed with the hydrant installation at the end of the 8" water main in Wonderhill Estates as planned.

A. Customer concerns.

None were reported except during the boil water advisory asking questions and expressing concerns. Harold drafted a letter regarding the boil water advisory which the Board reviewed and gave approval (with two changes) to include in this quarterly billing.

5. Old Business.

  1. a.  Maple Ridge project finalization. Harold has asked the Board's attorney to prepare a paper to present to Mr. and Mrs. Sacco as a proposed agreement to replace the service line if it develops a leak. This is in consideration for their allowing replacement of District lines on their property.
  2. b.  Computer billing progress. Tables to the next monthly meeting.
  3. c.  Wonderhill Estates hydrant project update. The Boardhas agreed to proceed with a hydrant installation on the basis thq11111onna Bolio and Wesley Jacobs have signed deeds deeding the pipe and easements to the water district. The cemetery portion has not been deeded yet, but Harold Sargent was informed by Randy Clark that papers can be prepared for the transfer. This will be followed up on 10/8/96 by Harold Sargent to attorney Vince Paradis. The Board further authorized Harold Sargent to sign the Vermont Transfer Tax papers in connection with Alonna Bolio and Wesley Jacobs deed papers to the District.

 

The Board sanctioned the proposed papers by its attorney, Vince Paradis and asked Harold to let Mr. Paradis know so he can proceed with attaining the deed from the Cemetery Association.

  1. d.  Pb and Cu sampling completion review. Harold has the results of Cu and Pb testing, all but one of which were well under the standards. He will organize this data and mail it to the state.
  2. e.  Brush cutting project.(Done) Dave Keszey did a good job of cutting brush at the new wells, upper reservoir and main steel reservoir.
  3. f.  Ditching old pump house. Ditching is scheduled for Friday, October 11, 1996 on the Old Pump House Road (Mitchell property) as previously approved.
  4. g.  Approval of Annual report. Harold will prepare a document and circulate it to Board members prior to the Annual Meeting on October 15, 1996.
  5. h.  Other. The Board authorized Harold to send in the sampling waiver request papers to the Department of Environmental Conservation Drinking Water Program as soon as possible.
  6. 6.  New Business.
  7. a.  Pump House No. 1 ditching - Request by Ken Mitchell. To be done October 11, 1996.
  8. b.  Report on boil water advisory. The Board heard more information from Harold and Marc on the boil water advisory.
  9. c.  Shall chlorination continue? The Board decided to continue chlorinating until December 2, 1996 monthly meeting which will cover the two months required by the state. The Board will decide at that meeting whether or not to continue chlorinating. Harold suggested maintaining at least 0.5 mg/1 free chlorine in the center of the village area and at least 0.2 to 0.3 in the extremities.
  10. d.  Other.

A matter came before the Board regarding a request for water service to Lot #9 on Maple Ridge. Albert and Judy Bernasconi contacted Marc Maheux on October 5,1996 who referred them to Harold Sargent. On October 7, 1996 the Bernasconis contacted and visited Mr. Sargent to get information on water service to the lot.

The Board reviewed the photo-copy of a portion of a plan developed by engineer Brian Willis. The Board found it could not approve or deny the application at this time because further information is needed. Information and resolution needed are:

    1. Whether or not the Underhill Road Foreman, Bob Ayers, will approve an open cut in the Maple Ridge gravel road.
    2. If permission will be granted for an open cut, there is the risk of ledge being present which could prohibit the connection from being made as 5 1/2 ' of cover (plus rigid insulation) is required.
    3. The water line is not permitted to cross a sewer line as per regulations of the District. Ten feet of horizontal distance must be maintained between these pipes. Therefore, the service line would have to be rerouted around the sewage force main.
    4. There is a concern that in constructing the service line across Maple Ridge Road that we may not be able to maintain emergency vehicle passage around the trenching. Our contractor would have to determine if he can maintain a single lane of traffic at all times during construction.
    5. It appears that the static pressure at the kitchen tap would be 38 psi which is above the minimum pressure by 3 psi. This makes water service pressure marginal. For every 5 feet the proposed house location is moved downhill, there would be a pressure increase of 2.17 psi. Conversely, were the house location moved uphill, water pressure would be diminished by the same rate. The prospective buyers ought to be informed of the marginal pressure situation presented. At the presently proposed location the pressure at an upstairs shower head would be 38 psi - 4.33 psi, or 33.67 psi. However, the minimum 35 psi rule applies to the kitchen tap.
    6. The Board was reminded that if the expense of the connection is predicted to be extraordinary, then the Board may refuse to make the connection. This stipulation is on page 4, Article Number 6 of the District Regulations.

7. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

8. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:46 p.m. Respectfully submitted,

Harold E. Sargent President

HES/k


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool