Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the March 1996 Meeting


2013-04-16 02:32:25

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
March 4, 1996
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT                        OPERATOR PRESENT                         GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                                   Marc Maheux                                         Roger Koniuto

Michael Sacco                                 CLERK PRESENT

                                                      Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The minutes from the February 5, 1996 were reviewed, but approval was tabled pending the return of Trustee Peter Mitchell since only Harold Sargent and Peter Mitchell were present at that meeting representing the Board.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statement. The statement for February 1996 was reviewed and approved unanimously.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use.- 45,000 gals. average daily use.
  2. b.  Other.
  3. Marc presented the Source Protection Plan Outline to the Board. Maps, zones, etc. were discussed. Harold and Marc have a tentative meeting with Dennis Kneeland from the State of Vermont on Wednesday, March 6, 1996.
  4. Our water usage is 14.8 gallons per minute from midnight to 3:00 a.m.(NOTE: The Winter Running Water Program and Palmer Lane leak are part of this total.) The water temperature at Harold's tap on Meadow Lane was 39°F today.

4. Meter reading (7:30 p.m.)

In the absence of the meter reader, the board decided to send him a letter outlining the exact requirements of his position to clear up any confusion that may be occurring. Harold will draft and send the letter.

5. Customer concerns - None.

6. Old Business.

  1. a.  Installation of backflow prevention devices - Harold. The Board reviewed the costs, etc. of the process of the installation of the backflow prevention devices as proposed by Bobby W. Latuch & Son of Richmond. Devices need to be installed in approximately eighteen homes on higher level locations. The Board decided to proceed with the installation by Bobby Latuch.
  2. b.  Letter to Warren Palmer Re: Creekside. Our Attorney, Vincent Paradis suggested that Mr. Palmer not connect his last house to the Water District until he gives the deed for the water line serving the Creekside Development to the Water District. Harold will write a letter to Mr. Palmer stating this.
  3. c.  Source Protection Plan progress. - See 3.b.1.
  4. d.  G.M.W.E.A. meeting - April 25. The board agreed to advance the funds to Harold for this pending the approval of the full board upon Peter Mitchell's return.
    1. e.    License to operate costs - The board agreed to advance the funds to Harold for this pending the approval of the full board upon Peter Mitchell's return.
    2. f.    Other old business - None.

7. New Business.

  1. a.    Meter reading proposal, rules. - Tabled.
  2. b.    Running water program. The program should be continued as the water temperature is now 39°. Harold and Mike will again contact participants of the program as a reminder to run their water.
  3. c.    Getting set up for computer billing. The board held a discussion with Kathy and Roger Koniuto with regard to keeping records and billing on the computer. Discussed were some of the things needed in a data base and whether the records should be ongoing or quarterly. The Board decided that the first step is to create a billing system, and expand that into a data base later as needed. Roger will do this and contact Mike for assistance as needed.
  4. d.    Other new business.
    1. We have a busy summer coming up with the following possible projects:

Completion of the Maple Ridge project.

      1. Painting the outside of the tank.
      2. Poker Hill projects.
      3. Repair leak on Palmer Lane.
      4. Harriman connection project.
      5. Wonderhill Estates - We have had no responses to our attorney's letter. Harold will call Randy Clark regarding the Underhill Cemetery Association.

Mike suggested that the Board set up a priority list with estimates for each project. Harold will do this for the next meeting.

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

9. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:26 p.m.

Recpectfully submitted,

 

Katharine A. Koniuto,

Clerk/Treasurer


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool