Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the February 1996 Meeting


2013-04-16 02:27:23

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
February 5, 1996
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT                           OPERATOR PRESENT       GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                                            Marc Maheux                    None

Peter Mitchell                                       CLERK PRESENT

                                                         Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The minutes from the January 2, 1996 were reviewed and approved unanimously.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statement. The statement for January 1996 was reviewed and approved unanimously.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use.- 45,700 gals. average daily use.
  2. b.  Other.
  3. There is a leak on Palmer Lane near the Stoddert residence. It will be repaired as soon as the weather gets warmer.
  4. Maps of the area needed for the Source Protection Plan were reviewed. Marc discussed building a data base of the system with regard to homes, underground tanks, leach fields, septic systems, etc.

4. Customer concerns - We received a letter from a customer expressing concern as he had received estimated bills for the last two successive quarters. He wondered if our policy for reading meters had changed. Harold will call him and discuss this with him.

5. Old Business.

  1. a.  Completion of backflow prevention devices - Harold. Harold discussed this with Fernand Comtois and he is not interested in the job. Harold will call Alan Dawson to see if he is interested in installing the backflow preventors.
  2. b.  Hydrant shoveling request. Notice was put in THE MOUNTAIN VILLAGER and the Post Office requesting volunteers to shovel hydrants near them. To date we've had no response to this request although Alan Morse has plowed the snow back from many of the hydrants. The melting of the warm spell in January has lessened the problem considerably.
  3. c.  Men working signs (taken). After letters were sent to the customers in the Maple Ridge area, a customer from that area called to say that the signs had been found along the road. Harold picked them up. Since two new ones would have cost $95 ($47.50 ea.) the board was very pleased to have them returned.
  4. d.  Harriman permit extended by the state. We have received a letter from the state granting our request for an extension to May 31, 1996.

SPP progress. The state has given us until July 1, 1996 to complete the SPP. Harold is gathering more information.

 

  1. e.  Other old business.

1. Kenneth Mitchell, Sr. should receive no bill for the 4th Quarter of 1995 as he was living there for most of that period. Harold will call Ken Mitchell to see if he has rented his home while he is away. If it is rented, we will charge him the usual fees. If members of his family are living there without cost, the Board will not bill them.

6. New Business.

  1. Mn test result - 0.051 mg/l. The board was pleased to receive this good report. The manganese standard is 0.05 mg./l.
  2. b.  GMWEA mtg. - cost. Tabled until the March 4, 1996 meeting.
  3. License cost. Tabled until the March 4, 1996 meeting.
  4. Running water program. This program seems to be working as there have been no freeze-ups reported to date.
  5. Notice of non-compliance to rules issued. Because we are operating the system under a temporary permint pending the completion of the Source Protection Plan, as required by the state we sent a Legal Notice of this for publication in the BURLINGTON FREE PRESS and posted it in the Underhill Post Office.
  6. f.  Chlorine test kit arrival. We now have a chlorine test kit.
  7. g.  Other new business.
  8. 3 reflective vests were purchased ($9.99 ea.) Harold will keep one, Marc has one, and the third will be kept in the Control Building.
  9. Harold has been in contact with CVPS trying to get an explanation for the high charge on our 12/5/95 - 1/10/96 Control Building electric bill. His calls have not been returned to date. We will pay the bill "Under protest" to keep our account current.
  10. 8.    Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.
  11. 9.    Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

 

Katharine A. Koniuto,

Clerk/Treasurer


 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool