Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the September 1995 Meeting


2013-04-08 04:34:33

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
SEPTEMBER 11, 1995
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

 

TRUSTEES PRESENT   OPERATOR PRESENT          GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent    Marc Maheux          None

John Fowler       CLERK PRESENT

Peter Mitchell  Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.

1.       Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The minutes were reviewed and approved unanimously.

 

2.    Review & Approval of Financial Statement. The statement was reviewed and approved unanimously.
3.    Operator's Report.

a.  Water use.- 56,000 gals. average daily use.
b.  Flushing.(Completion) - Not yet complete. Marc will call Harold to assist in completion of flushing on Meadow Lane. Harold will call the fire department regarding Route 15 past Riverside.
c.  Control building drain repair. Repairs have been completed. Pictures were taken of the problem and were shared with the board. The cause of the problem and the sinkhole near the control building appears to be defective workmanship at the time of installation. Harold will send a letter to the contractor, Blow and Cote, Inc. of Morrisville asking for reimbursement for the repairs.
d.  Route 15 storm drainage - Riverside.(This portion of report given by Harold.) The Vermont Department of Transportation began today (9/11/95) to install storm drains near Big John's Store. Harold was at the site most of the day. He made sure the valves in the water lines were operational in case of an emergency rupture. The state had only planned to insulate beneath the pipes. Harold suggested that they be insulated on the sides near the water pipes. Mr. Fitzgerald of the Transportation Agency requested the water district pay for the extra insulation. The state (Mr. Fitzgerald) agreed to pay labor costs for the installation. This will help prevent freeze up. Our portion of the cost would be $257. Harold also bought a 3" riser for one of the valves at the site and will buy another riser for the other valve. This will allow for the top of the valve riser to be level with the pavement when it is resurfaced.
e.  Other.
    1. The new relays have been installed and are operable at the control building. In case of a malfunction of one of the pumps, the relays will allow the other pump to come back on so the pumping will continue.
    2. There was a leak in the feed line of the fluoridator at the control building. It has been repaired.
    3. Mr. Roy has not yet called to confirm that his reader has been reconnected by the contractor who disconnected it. Harold will alert the meter reader to this situation.
    4. Marc Maheux's reader has not yet been repaired.
    5. The reader was disconnected at Countryside Florist due to residing of the building. It will be reconnected when the building is finished.

4. Customer Concerns. None

5. Old Business.

a. Plaque for control building. A discussion was held about the possibility of doing the plaque with calligraphy or a computer printout on heavy paper and then matting and framing it for hanging in the control building. The contents of the document were discussed. No decision was made.

b. State's water bill. No written word as yet. A bill for $15.91, the remainder of the first quarter's Permit to Operate Fee has been received. It should be paid.

c. William Baldwin request for water status. Harold has talked with Mike Sacco who seems willing to have us cross his property to install the new water line. His water pressure has been affected by the Derouchie family's water use and a larger line will improve the pressure problem. Our lawyer will be contacted to draw up easement papers for Mr. Sacco to sign once general agreement is reached. By installing the line in this way, it will be about 400 feet long and the state will not need to be involved. Harold Sargent, Marc Maheux, Gary Lunderville and Mike Sacco will meet on 9/12/95 to discuss the installation of the line. Gary Lunderville will also install the 1,000 foot service line to William Baldwin's house according to Mr. Baldwin.

d. Completion of backflow prevention devices - discussion. This has not yet been finished. The board discussed whether it should hire a licensed plumber to finish installing the backflow devices. Harold will talk with Marc regarding this.

e. Summer work (Maple Ridge, Pump Ho. No. 1).

    1. Maple Ridge - See 5. c.
    2. The land around the well field needs cutting. The board will ask Cliff Hill to mow for the hay. Either Green Mountain Earth Care or Yard Jacks will be contacted to mow the road.

f. Gate/fence ext. (4 wheelers). Four posts have been purchased and will be placed less than the width of the 4 wheelers. Tom Mitchell will do the work.

g. I.D. cards. Peter Mitchell contacted KINKO'S and had I.D. cards made for the president, 2 trustees, meter reader, operator and clerk at a total cost of $8.67. FANTASTIC!

h. Steve Guay building plans - Wellhead. No further word has been received from Mr. Guay, the town or the state.

i. Other.

  1. No word has been received about the repairs on the hydrant at Browns River Middle School. Harold will call Duane Austin, head custodian.
  2. It should be noted that the CVPS record drawings show the buried cable on the same side of the road as the 6" water main in the Creekside development and not the other side as was reported at last month's meeting.
  3. The board instructed Harold to write a letter to Blow and Cote regarding the repairs that were necessary at the Control Building as a result of defective workmanship in an effort to recapture the cost of those repairs.

6. New Business.

a.  Warning approval. The warning for the annual meeting on October 9, 1995 was discussed and approved for posting.
b.  Other business. Andrew Squires of the Vermont Department of Agriculture collected samples from the district to test for herbicides and nitrate. We will receive the results in about two months.

c. Proposed purshase of hand level ($107.), engineer's scale ($10.) and a spare valve wrench ($43.) A motion was unanimously passed to approve the purchase of these items.

8.    Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

9.    Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 10:11 p.m.

Respectfully Submitted,

Katharine A. Koniuto,

Clerk/Treasurer

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool