Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the October 1995 Meeting


2013-04-09 09:28:33

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
October 2, 1995
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

 

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT      GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                      Marc Maheux            Owen Boardman    

Peter Mitchell

John Fowler                        CLERK PRESENT    

                                        Katharine Koniuto

 

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The minutes were reviewed and approved unanimously.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statement. The statement was reviewed and approved unanimously. The August financial report was amended with a footnote changing the application of the principal and interest portions of our payment on the 1991 loan due to our bulk payment in July. It should read $8483.31 in the Loan Principal line and $2958.69 in the Loan Interest line.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use. 57,000 gals. average daily use.
  2. b.  Flushing.(Completion) - Completed today (10/2/95) Park Street, Route 15 north, Meadow Lane, and Poker Hill Road area. Riverside is still to be done.
  3. c.  Other. None.

4. Meter Reader request.

The meter reader requested a larger stipend for reading the meters each quarter. After a discussion, a motion was made and seconded to increase the stipend to $100. per quarter beginning in January 1995 and to have the reader verify one quarter of the outside readings with the inside meter each quarter so that by the end of each year all readings will have been verified. The motion carried unanimously.

5. Customer Concerns. Roger Cline called to inquire about the mineral content of the District's water. Harold answered his questions.

6. Old Business.

  1. a.  Plaque for control building. No action was taken.
  2. b.  Completion of backflow prevention devices - discussion. Harold will talk with Fernand Comtois about installing the remainder of the devices.
  3. c.  Gate/fence ext. (4 wheelers) Three posts were installed to the right of the gate at a cost of $116.08 for parts and labor.
  4. d.  Steve Guay building plans - Wellhead. The state has not received any application from Mr. Guay, as yet.
  5. e.  Riverside project status. The project was completed without incident. The insulation was installed as agreed to.
  6. f.  Maple Ridge project status. (W-M, Inc. & Town informed) The project is scheduled to begin on Monday, October 9, 1995. Michael Sacco signed the proposal with the addition of the following line:

7. In addition, prior to starting, the Water District will be providing proof of insurance covering liability and/or damage due to this construction which will indemnify the property owners from any potential losses which may arise during this project." A letter was sent to the Underhill Select board notifying them of our change in plans and that there is no need for a road crossing.

g. Other.

1. Harold found that some of the copper piping at the apartment house on Park Street owned by Champlain Capitol Management was worn very thin. He contacted Steve Halley, the owner, and it's been replaced.

2. The electricity at the old pump house (Water Works) was shut off on 9/7/95 and we have received the last bill for the same.

3. We have received a letter from Blow & Cote in the mail stating that the guarantee on their work expired a year ago and they will not honor our request for reimbursement for drain repairs at the Control Building. Harold will contact engineers for an opinion on this matter.

4. All Lead and Copper tests were reviewed and found to be within recommended limits. The Lead was less than 0.005 mg/L (below testing limits) and only trace amounts of copper were found.

h. Hand level, extra valve wrench and 2 scales (1 architect's & 1 engineer's) purchased. Harold reported the purchase of all of these items.

8. New Business.

  1. Warning approval. The warning for the annual meeting on October 9, 1995 was declared void because of an error at THE BURLINGTON FREE PRESS whereby they failed to publish it. A new warning for the annual meeting on November 6, 1995 was approved.
  2. Harold suggested that we consider plowing at Pump house #1 this winter to facilitate access to the storage shed. He will contact Robert Hill regarding the cost of this plowing. Replacing the supports for the shed was discussed. Harold will get a few wood shingles to repair where someone had fixed the roof with plywood.
  3. A discussion was held regarding a fee to shut-off the water in homes where there is an emergency. A motion was made and seconded to charge customers $15.00 to shut off the water in case of emergencies or special requests and another $10.00 to turn it back on. The motion carried unanimously.
  4. Impending projects include painting the tank and work in the Poker Hill Road area.
  5. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

9.    Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:50 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

 

Katharine A. Koniuto,

Clerk/Treasurer

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool