Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the March 1995 Meeting


2013-04-08 03:47:04

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
March 6, 1995
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT       GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                      Marc Maheux            None

John Fowler               CLERK PRESENT

Peter Mitchell              Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The minutes were reviewed and approved with 3d. corrected to read control building and 5b. corrected to read Connecticut.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statement. The statement was reviewed and approved.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use. We are using an average of 37,000 gallons per day.
  2. b.  Meter work - completed? Marc reported that the meter at Browns River Middle School seems to be functioning O.K. He will check it on a regular basis for a while to make certain that this is true. He has not checked the other reported malfunctioning meters as yet. He asked that we advise the meter reader to be sure to check the actual inside meter when the outside reader hasn't changed or shows an unusual reading. Harold will talk to the meter reader regarding this.
  3. c.  Other. Marc met with Alida Lund of the Vermont Department of Health on February 15, 1995 regarding fluoridation in the water district.

4. Customer Concerns.

a. Peter Mitchell reported continuing iron stains in his bathroom fixtures, dishwasher, and on his shower tile. He was asking for solutions to this problem including suggestions for removal of the stains. Harold said he felt that there was iron in the service line and a new line may be needed to correct the problem.

5. Old Business.

  1. a.  Wellhead report status & payments request. The state has granted its approval of the E.P.A. funded Wellhead Protection Project. The state has requested a large-scale U.S.G.S. map with the three wellhead water protection zones transposed on to it. The consultant has been asked to provide the map. Harold will check to see if cost is the reason there has been no movement by the consultant on this. Peter Mitchell moved to authorize Harold to spend up to $150. for six additional copies of the report. The motion was carried unanimously.
  2. b.  SOC sampling update. Phase 2, Phase 5 sampling including all five procedures will be done by a private lab, SCITEST, Inc. of Randolph, Vermont for a fee of $925.00.
  3. c.  Freeze-up Status. No freeze-ups have been reported. Customers running water to prevent freeze-ups include the United Church parsonage, Henault, and Berard.
    1. Status of lawsuit (2/23). Harold verified documents submitted by Palmer's attorney as being correct as requested by our attorney. Information has been sent by our attorney to Palmer's attorney.
    2. e.   ISO rating received 2/13/95. Our rating has been improved from a seven to a five. This will not change homeowner or residential rates, however, but will improve commercial rates.
    3. f.   Well #2 approval from State (received 2/28/95). Well #2 has been approved by the state. This completes the state approval of the new well project.
    4. g.   Other. One of the two keys to the Merchants Safe Deposit Box #176 was given to Peter Mitchell. The clerk holds the other key.

 

6. New Business.

a. Rick Grzywna request (2/22). Rick has asked for a second meter to be installed to serve his upstairs tenant. However, hot water would not go through this meter. The board decided not to supply him with a rebuilt meter at this time but will consider it if he separates his plumbing and installs a second boiler. Source of hot water

b. Water well study - UVH. Peter Mitchell has sent a letter to UVM Professor Paul Bierman offering to cooperate in its study of water wells. The board discussed Peter's proposed checklist of information and agreed we should ask the students to request the information on pesticide use and fuel storage.

c. Summer work:

Control building drain. The drain needs cleaning.
Plastic pipe replacement - Maple Ridge. The board will think about replacing this plastic pipe.
3.  Brush cut? The brush needs to be cut on the upper reservoir.
4.  Other.The storage building at pump site #1 needs to be propped up. #1 Pump house pumps need to be exercised.

d. Fluoride testing. The fluoride tester isn't letting the board know when the fluoride readings are high so that the proper corrective action can be followed. Harold will call her and request that she let the board know of any reading above 1.3 ppm.

7. Other business.

a. Peter Mitchell reported that a decision regarding the sale of Waters Library will be made temerrew-f374/9-rs)7-

8. Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

9. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:40 p.m.

Respectfully Submitted,

Katharine A. Koniuto,

Clerk/Treasurer

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool