Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the December 1995 Meeting


2013-04-09 09:35:53

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
December 4, 1995
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT                               OPERATOR PRESENT        GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                                               Marc Maheux                         None

Michael Sacco                                          CLERK PRESENT

Peter Mitchell                                           Katharine Koniuto

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m.

1.    Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The minutes were reviewed and approved unanimously.
 
2.    Review & Approval of Financial Statements. The statements for October and November 1995 were reviewed. Approval of same was tabled until the January meeting to allow the treasurer to separate the costs of the Maple Ridge project from the regular Landscaping and District Expense lines to form a separate Maple Ridge Project category.
3.    Operator's Report.
a.  Water use. 47,000 gals. average daily use.
b.  New connection - Brown's River Little School. The service line into the daycare center has been installed, but has not been connected up as of this date.
c.  Other.
  1. Our fluoride tests for the month of November were 0.9-1.6ppm.
  2. A supply of chlorine and sodium fluoride has been received.
  3. A customer on Brookside Drive (Walker) reported a sulphur smell in their water. Marc checked and discovered that they needed to change a water filter on the line to their refrigerator. The customer will change the filter and report when that is done. No report has been received as of this date.
  4. The Maple Ridge project went well. Because there is little or no ground cover there, hay is needed to prevent erosion. However, snow covers the ground.
  5. The circuit breaker to the pump on the cistern above the big tank tripped on 11/28/95. Since the pump usually runs for 90 minutes at 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., the tank did not fill causing a customer at the top of Meadow Lane to be without water. Marc replaced the time clock at the pump to solve the problem.

5. Customer Concerns - Pressure question.

 

  1. A customer on Dickinson Street called to inquire as to why the pressure at his house was 85 lbs. Harold called the customer and explained that it was normal.
6.      Old Business.
  1. a.  Plaque for control building. Harold will put together a list of names for the plaque.
  2. b.  Completion of backflow prevention devices - discussion. No action taken as yet. Harold will talk with Fernand Comtois about installing the remainder of the devices.
  3. c.  Boulders to replace posts? One of the three posts which were installed has been pulled up and, therefore, they are not effective in keeping four wheelers off the water district property. Harold will talk with Gary Lunderville about placing some boulders to block their path.
  4. d.  Maple Ridge project status. The plastic service line serving the Kim and Michael Sacco house was not replaced as agreed because construction would be very complicated and the customer is satisfied with his service as it is. Yard work at the Sacco property will be completed in the Spring and an outside spigot installed. The Sacco's are asking to have the agreement with the district modified in view of this change. Harold and Peter will make a proposal.
  5. e.  Storage shed roof and under-pinning. Tom Mitchell had been hired to do the repairs, but the work has not been done as of this date.
  6. f.  Other.
  7. 1.  Michael Sacco was added to the names of those who can access the safe deposit box and John Fowler's name was deleted.
  8. 2.  A discussion was held as to whether the old pump house and shed area should be plowed on a regular basis this winter. It would cost $15. per plowing. It was decided to plow any time more than six inches of snow has accumulated.

 

7. New Business.

  1. a.  Room rent at church? A motion was made and seconded to raise the amount we give the church for use of their room to $140.00 for 1996. The motion carried unanimously. This amount will be paid in January 1996.
  2. b.  Hydrant needed - Wonderhill? Harold will get the plans for Wonderhill Estates. He asked and received permission from the board to obtain a one sheet plan from the engineer, Richard Wheeler of Waterbury Center.

8 Other

  1. 1.  Asbestos Count. A motion was made and unanimously carried to spend up to $150 to do asbestos sampling as required by the state and the E.M. by December 31, 1995.
  2. 2.  Meeting date. Because the first Monday of January is New Year's Day, the January meeting was voted to be held Tuesday, January 2, 1996.
  3. 8.    Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

9. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 9:46 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

 

Katharine A. Koniuto

Clerk/Treasurer

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool