Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the August 1995 Meeting


2013-04-08 04:25:53

 

 

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT
AUGUST 14, 1995
7:00 p.m.
Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT       OPERATOR PRESENT       GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                    Marc Maheux                 William Baldwin

Peter Mitchell                  CLERK PRESENT

                                        Katharine Koniuto

NOTE: The regular monthly trustees' meeting scheduled for August 7, 1995 was cancelled due to a lack of a quorum. It was rescheduled for August 14, 1995. Public notice of this change was given.

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.

1. Review & Approval of Previous Minutes. The minutes were reviewed and approved unanimously.

2. Review & Approval of Financial Statement. The statement was reviewed and approved unanimously.

3. Operator's Report.

  1. a.  Water use.- 55,381 gals. average daily use.
  2. b.  Flushing.(Completion) - Not yet complete.
  3. c.  Other items.
  4. 1.  Meter work - The meter body was changed at VanOrnum's. At William Roy's, the meter was disconnected by a contractor and not reconnected. Mr. Roy contacted the contractor and it is supposed to be reconnected. He will let us know when this has been done, but we have not received notice of the reconnection as of today (8/14/95).
  5. 2.     PO4 was added to the solution tank for sequestering Mn and pipe coating.
  6. 3.     A 14 inch diameter sink hole has developed in front of the control building.
  7. 4.     Alternating relays with a manual selector have been ordered so that we can switch pumps in an emergency.
  8. 5.     The service line for Norman Rohrer in Wonderhill Estates has been located. This was necessary so their septic system can be repaired. (The fee for this should be billed to the customer.)
  9. 6.     New D.I.'s are going to be installed in front of Big John's Store in early September (Work begins 9/5) by the State of Vermont. They need someone available on site with valve wrenches. Harold will take care of this.

4. Customer Concerns. None

5. Old Business.

a.  Buried cable DWG ordered. CVPS sent, on our request, a record drawing of buried electric cable serving the Creekside development. The cable is noted to be on the other side of the road from the water main.


b.  Plaque.(John) John sent a report stating that a 14" x 14" bronze plaque holding 196 letters would cost $334, a 16" x 16" plaque holding 256 letters would cost $446, and an 18" x 18" plaque would cost $550. All would take eight weeks to make. The board decided that the cost for a bronze plaque was too expensive. Other alternative ideas were discussed. No further decision was made at this time.
 

c. State's water bill. No word as yet. Harold's letter was sent 4/24/95.

d. William Baldwin request for water. Mr. Baldwin presented the board with his petition to join the water district. This will need to be voted on at a whole district meeting (Annual meeting in October?).

Harold presented information from Webster-Martin regarding the proposed project to replace plastic pipe on Maple Ridge Road and connect the Baldwins to the district. The project in question will cost $6,000 in engineering fees and $30,000 - $35,000 for the project itself. Harold attended the Underhill selectboard meeting to discuss the project. He is still waiting to hear the Selectboard's decision on whether a line would be allowed on the downhill shoulder and if an open cut is permitted for the water line crossing Maple Ridge Road. The board discussed taking an alternate route over the Sacco property rather than going down the road. Harold will look at the deeds and talk to the property owners in question.

e. Completion of backflow prevention devices. This has not yet been finished. The board discussed whether it should hire a licensed plumber to finish installing the backflow devices. Harold will talk with Marc regarding this.

f. Summer work (Maple Ridge, control bldg. drain, Pump Ho. No. 1).

    1. 1.  Maple Ridge - See 5. d.
    2. 2.  The control bldg. drain needs to be fixed. Only two stones were found in the drain screen. Repair of the drain screen was approved and Marc will be directed to arrange the repair.

g. Discussion with Fire Dept. personnel. Harold met with Lee Dumas regarding the drought. It was felt that the department would be willing to fill containers of private citizens if it became necessary due to the drought.

h. Other

    1. Brush cutting was done at the well site by C. Wiggins for a cost of $60. Logs and stumps need to be removed in the Fall.
    2. The cost of the Palmer lawsuit to the district was $2282.50.

6. New Business.

  1. a.  Four wheelers. - Youths on four wheel all terrain vehicles go around the gate and onto the water district property by the control building. So far they have caused no damage to the property, but trash has been found. Possible solutions were discussed. NO TRESPASSING signs would be difficult to enforce. Putting a fence across the trench was discussed. The size and placement of the posts was discussed. Peter will contact C. Wiggins regarding installation of same. A motion was made to spend up to $150 to install two or three pressure-treated 6x6 lumber posts to block the path of the four wheelers. The motion carried unanimously.
  2. b.  I. D. Cards? A discussion was held about having I.D. cards for the trustees, operator, clerk and meter reader for identification purposes when meeting with customers, etc. The contents of the card were also discussed. Peter and Kathy will get estimates from Kinko's and First Step, respectively.
  3. c.    Steve Guay request. Mr. Guay wants to build a house with a septic system on River Road opposite his present home. This is within the 2 year travel time zone around our district wells. Harold will follow up on this with the State of Vermont. The Town of Underhill is also involved.
    1. d.  Rt. 15 drainage project, near Big John's. - See Operator's Report (3.e.)
    2. e.  Other.
    3. The need for a water district manager was discussed including costs, hours, etc.
    4. The recent flooding caused only minimal damage to water district property.
8.     Bills to review & approve for payment. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.
9.     Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 10:22 p.m.
 

Respectfully submitted,

Katharine A. Konuito

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool