Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the July 1994 Meeting


2013-04-11 03:56:34

 

JERICHO-UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT MINUTES

July 20, 1994 7:00 p.m.

Basement of the United Church of Underhill

TRUSTEES PRESENT                     OPERATOR PRESENT          GUESTS PRESENT

Harold Sargent                                     Marc Maheux                    William Baldwin

Peter Mitchell                                                                              Sally Baldwin 

John Fowler

President Harold Sargent called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m.

1. Harold Sargent noted that the meeting had been postponed from its regularly scheduled time due to the July 4th holiday and the lack of a quorum of members for the July 11th date. He also welcomed Katharine Koniuto as the new

clerk.

2. Approval of 6/12/94 minutes: Correction #1 - pg. 1 , 1. third line - change to re "Mr. Palmer advised that he would tighten....". Correction #2 - pg. 1, 2. first line - change to read Note was made that the..

Minutes unanimously approved as amended.

3. Review and acceptance of financial statements. Unanimously approved as presented.

4. Operator's Report -

a. Water use. Averaging 56,000gallons per day.

b. Village Service connection. Has been completed.

c. Lot #-14 in the Hartwick Development has been connected. This is the final lot in the development.

d. Marc suggested that the Fluoride Saturator be cleaned. This was unanimously approved by the Board. 

5. Customer concerns.

a. Damage to Jim Nadeau's curb stop on 7/2 by a workman. Marc suggested ways to dig up and move the curb stop to prevent damage in the future.

6. Old Business.

a. Hydrants - Shall Marc be authorized to raise hydrants No. 8,10,17, & 30 as identified by Fire Dept. personnel, at least 13" from grade to center of the steamer caps? After discussion, Hydrant # 21 was added and the issue tabled pending further information.

b. Cu & Pb samples - The results of 18 of the samples submitted to the state lab were read. All were below state standards for Cu and Pb. A few more results are outstanding. Once all are complete the board decided to send their results to the customers whose water was used as samples"...

c. Wellhead cant. Harold will send in a request for the residual owed on the grant within the next few days.

7.   New Business.

  1. A list of meters which may have problems was given to Marc to look into.
  2. Mr. Shelley from the I.S.O called Harold. Harold gave him a tour of the system on 7/6. He plans to return to do Hydrant Flow tests It was suggested that the Fire Dept. accompany him for these tests.
  3.  Peter will look into the financial aspects of a maintenance agreement for the computer.
  4.  William and Sally Baldwin who live off Maple Ridge Road requested to join the Water District. They presently have a well. Engineering problems of such a hook-up were discussed with the board and Marc. They asked for an estimate of the costs of a hook-up for their property. Harold discussed possible methods of connection, their problems, and the impact of those problems on the costs. Further study was needed.

8. Other business.

Marc brought to the board's attention Legislation # 2198 regarding the need to have a license to install, maintain, or repair Water supply pipes, meters, or control valves.

9. The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

10. The meeting was adjourned at 9:26 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Katharine Koniuto, Clerk

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool