Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the November 1993 Meeting

2013-04-12 07:19:23




Minutes of November 1, 1993                                      

The monthly meeting of the Jericho-Underhill Water District's trustees was held on Monday, November 1, 1993 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. Those present were trustees Harold Sargent, John (Bob) Fowler, Peter Mitchell, operator Marc Maheux and clerk/treasurer Evelyn Sargent. The meeting was called to order at 7:05 P.M.

1. The minutes of the previous monthly meeting held on October 4, 1993 were reviewed and accepted.

2. The Cash Flow Statement and the Project's balance as reported were reviewed and accepted.

3. Operator's report:

a. Water-use charts indicate that our water use is relatively low (53,000 g.p.d. average).

b. Two more connections with meters have been made at Valley's Edge. Also a new replacement meter has been installed at Lot #9, Scott Young.

c. Marc commented on the tank inspection which he felt went well. We have not received the photos that were taken in the tank. Harold will contact Civil Engineering Assoc. again to obtain these pictures.

d. Harold brought up the problem of roily water whenever a hydrant is opened, Harold said he had a call from Lee Dumas asking about using a hydrant for one of their drills. After explaining the problem, and why we had to refuse drill use, the outcome of the conversation was the suggestion that one or two of the trustees speak to the Fire Department at one of their weekly meetings to go over/how the system works. The board also discussed installing dual check valves in those homes served in the higher elevations of our system.

4. Customer's concerns:

a. We continue to receive occasional complaints of a bad odor from the water. If necessary, the H2S can be removed along with manganese by implementing a "green sand" system. No decision or action was taken at this time.

5. Old business:

a. We are still waiting for the report from Wagner, Heindel and Noyes. Harold will call Ken Bannister again for an update.

b. Peter plans to work on the operation of the computer.

c. Harold stated he had been unable to make contact with Harold Boyden to find out the status of the Browns River Middle School backflow protection, metering and the hydrant installation.

d. As indicated in 5.a. a Wellhead Protection map is all that is needed to complete the Project.

e. No word has been forthcoming regarding Creekside's status.

f. Bob reported he has had no word from F. E. Hart regarding the fence work. Bob will follow this up with a call.

g. It was suggested that we speak with the Fire Department Chief to ask if they would straighten the post near hydrant #24. They have a winch.

h. We have not heard from Peter Hartwick's attorney regarding the deeding of the water lines at Valley's Edge. Harold will follow up on this matter.


6. New business:

  1. This was covered under 3.a. regarding Fire Department use of fire hydrants for drills.
  2. The clerk had looked into getting the Jericho-Underhill Water District listed in the telephone directory, and had determined that this would be a costly expense. We had been contacted by Jericho Village Water to look into this due to their cost to an answering service (about $2.50) whenever a call came in that should have been made to our water system.
  3. Dual check valves for those person's at higher elevation was discussed further as in item 3.e. At some time in the future we need to consider getting check valves throughout the entire system, but the present first need is for those homes at the higher elevations. The clerk will compile a list for consideration. Harold will ask Marc Maheux for a cost estimate to do this.

7. Other business: None was brought before the board.

8. The monthly expenses (bills) were reviewed and recommended for payment.

9. The meeting was adjourned at 9:43 P.M.

Respectfully submitted:


Evelyn Sargent, Clerk




Pay Bill Online


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool