Meeting Minutes

Minutes for the December 1993 Meeting


2013-04-12 07:38:06

 

JERICHO - UNDERHILL WATER DISTRICT

UNDERHILL, VERMONT 05489

Minutes of December 6, 1993                                               

The Jericho-Underhill Water District's trustee's monthly meeting was held Monday, Dec.6, 1993 in the basement of the United Church of Underhill. The meeting was called to order by Harold Sargent at 7:05 P.M. Those present were trustees John (Bob) Fowler and Peter Mitchell, operator Marc Maheux and clerk/treasurer Evelyn Sargent.

1.   The November 1st minutes were reviewed and accepted.

2.   The treasurer's Cash Flow Statement was reviewed and accepted. Note was made to the three Hook-up's, two at Valley's Edge and one at Creekside and also the payment of the work done at the I.D. School.

3.   Operator's report:

  1. Marc reported Water use was at a very favorable 40,000 gallons per day.
  2. Harold had been informed by Civil Engineering Assoc.'s that the photo's taken inside the water tank during their inspection did not come out.
  3. Marc said that three tanks of Aqua -Mag had been delivered to his shop, and that he had not been informed ahead of time (as requested) that they were coming so he could have someone available to put them into the Control building. The agreement was for a phone call prior to delivery. Marc expressed his displeasure to 'Water Solutions' and they agreed to pay for the freight charge in consideration of the problem of moving these drums from Marc's shop to the Pump House.
  4. Marc has installed meters with outside readers in Valley's Edge Lot #21 and Lot #28. Also a meter was left for Lot #3 at Creekside Development.
  5. Marc had heard from Reid Fuhrmann (next to his shop) complaining of roily water. Harold had also heard from the Fire Department (across from Mr. Fuhrmann) regarding roily water, but determined that one of fire trucks had been filled at the station to test for leakage. It was a truck the F.D. was selling. This probably would explain the roily problem.
  6. Proposal for backflows was discussed. Marc estimated that the cost to the owners for a "Governor 80" backflow device would run about $30. An additional $30. for labor plus parts would be the District's responsibility for installation of the new meter and backflow (Watts No.7 dual check valve unit). There was some discussion of installing an outside reader at a reduced rate to the owner if it was done at the same time.
  7. Harold passed out copies of Vermont Water Supply Rule - Chapter 21 per­taining to Cross-Connections for everyone's information.
  8. With Marc still in attendance, Harold spoke to the Browns River Middle School's project. He said they are not going to do the hydrant at this time, but during the Christmas Break they will put in a testable dual check backflow protection device and new compound meter.

4.   Customer concerns:

a. See Operator's report 3.e. A problem of odor (probably H2S) was reported at Loni Morse's house at Valley's Edge.

5.   Warren Palmer's request regarding the bill for barn burning.

a. After discussion a motion was made to void the bill for 36,000 gallons of water used at the Wheeler barn burning on the grounds that the barn was a former customer and also the burning was a training exercise for the Fire Department. The motion was seconded and carried unanimously.

6. Old business:

  1. Harold had contacted Kenneth Bannister again. Mr. Bannister of Wagner, Heindel and Noyes said he'd get the well protection area map plotted and copies to Rodney Pingree of the Water Supply Division of the Agency of Natural Resources and a copy to us (Water District). Harold will call Doug Heath of U.S.E.P.A. to enlist his help in our attempts to get W.H.M. to complete the well study. 
  2.  Peter has been working on 'Word Perfect' with the District's new computer. Browns River School status was discussed in the Operator's report 3.h.The Wellhead Protection plan is needed to close out our Construction Project. We still have about $1,000 due us from the state upon close out of the Project.
  3. Harold asked the Board if they would ratify his affirmation response to Warren Palmer whereby he proposed using the $1,200 he paid the District for the Malaney hook-up (former Kingsbury barn) to represent the connection fee for Lot #3. The Board agreed to this request by making the request into a motion which was seconded and so voted. Upon discussion of the Creekside development and the problems of compliance with rules and regulations a motion to instruct the President, Harold Sargent to advise Mr. Palmer by letter that his approval for water hook-ups for the four remaining homes in Creekside shall be suspended until he provides the Board with a statement of compliance from his design/inspection engineer (Norman Schreib) and submits 6 sets of record drawings. The motion was seconded and unanimously approved by vote. Harold will draft this letter including the action taken in the former motion and also calling attention to the need for a deed of the water line. Copies of said letter to the State's Water Supply Division of the Dept. of Environmental Conservation, the Division of Protection of Dept. of Environmental Conservation, Act 250 coordinator and Town of Jericho will be held for 10 days before being mailed, giving Mr. Palmer an opportunity to respond to the Boards request with minimum upset to other agencies.
  4. Bob reported that the fence work at Well Site #1 was completed on Nov. 9, 1993 by F. E. Hart Fence Co. Bob viewed the work and found it to be a good job. They had replaced a post and put up 50 ft. of field fence with 10 post.
  5. Harold will contact the Fire Department regarding the straightening of the post near hydrant #24 (park).
  6. Harold will submit the information required by the Division of Water Supply prior to the deadline of January 10, 1994 (Re: Lead and Copper rule).
  7. Harold had talked with Peter Hartwick regarding the deed from Valley's Edge. Peter said his attorney had probably been tied up with a big case he had. Peter will call him again regarding the deed completion.

7. New business:

  1. Peter spoke of concerns regarding safety at the Pump House #2. Of major concern was solution drippings and also how this material is disposed of? No answers were forthcoming. A concern was also voiced regarding the safety of someone working in around the chemicals. Harold had left an apron and gloves a month ago at the control building. Peter will try to locate a face shield. This matter of safety needs to be discussed with our operator.
  2. The hydrant flags are all up thanks to Bob!
  3. Harold is doing the daily fluoride testing while our tester, is on two weeks’ vacation. Rinette (Seals) will return Dec. 12, 1993

8. Other business: None was forthcoming

9. The November bills were reviewed and approved for payment. 

10. The meeting was adjourned at 9:37 P.M.

  

Respectfully submitted:

 

Evelyn Sargent, Clerk

 

 

Pay Bill Online

Visa.jpgMasterCard.jpgdiscover.jpgecheck.jpg


good hits
Websites Statistics Tool